ID15 or ID30

Post your Blackstar videos here.
Iam74Gibson

Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:08 pm

Hi All, this is my first post. I would like to ask a basic question from any of you that have used these 2 models. It is about the loudness...I am having a dedicated home theater built in my new house. It will be 16ft x 26ft with 10 ft ceilings. I will be having a formidable Denon 4520ci (150 watts per ch. ) Emotiva XP3 (200 watts per) powering the fronts and center, and 9 Klipsch speakers (for Audyssey DSX) ......When I want to play along with this setup, would the ID15 be able to keep up? I like the size of the ID15...it would fit nicely on my Media center,...the ID30 may be a little large...
Let me say also, I am a novice/intermediate player, and don't have a lot of experience with a variety of amps.... I have read that solid state does not come close to the volume of a Valve amp. ... but then, I read about "Loud as Valve" technology...so that may change things
I like this ID series, because of the MP3 input and learning capabilities via a laptop.
With my skills (or lack of) I am a little intimidated to go to a music store to try one, so would buy online and hope for the best.

Your opinions and feedback are appreciated.
PJ

Iam74Gibson

Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:17 pm

I just realized I posted this in the video thread, sorry about that, I will pay attention next post. :?

• Information