HT-5 clip.......

Post your Blackstar sound clips here.
minerman

Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:57 am

Just a quick-n-dirty (sloppy actally... :lol: ) tone test/mix with my little 5w monster.....

Ibanez RG350DX>HT-5>Shure SM57>interface, 2 tracks panned 100% L & R, POD Farm on bass, & Abbey Road 80's Drums.....

I thought it would be hard switching over to a real amp/mic, but it's actually been fairly easy. The hardest thing for me is not pissing off the "warden" (my wife :lol: ).....

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=11558853

doodelbug

Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:45 pm

Hi there,
New to the forum here. Proud owner of a new HT5,
Love the tone of the amp you have there,i take it that it had to be pretty loud recording with a mic?

Hope you don't mind me asking,i've had my HT5RS a couple of days,i recorded using the emulated line out with a less than stellar tone so i think a mic would be a good option.
My plan is,since i have all the drums laid down,i can re-record the 2 tracks of guitar on the song as an interesting comparison.

all the best,
dave

majikmojo

Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:39 pm

good tone miner...good job 8)

RCB-CA-USA

Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:46 am

Hits are poppin' up all over this forum. I KNOW I'm in the right place with the right amp and the right people! 8)

minerman

Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:11 pm

Thanks for listening & commenting guys, this is the first amp I've owned in a few years, I've been using ampsims for the last 3-4 years. And, this is one of the first attemps I've made actually using the mic'd amp thing, so I know my sounds should only get better with time.....

On this clip, the volume of the HT-5 was actually pretty low (my wife said it wasn't though :lol: ), only on about 2-3, with the SM 57 about an inch from the grill, about where the cap meets the cone. I moved it a little toward the edge of the speaker (not much though) to kill some of the fizz.....

The stock speaker isn't crap by any means, but I'm leaning toward another cabinet with different speakers before too long. Most likely, I'm gonna go with the V30's.....

I have tried the emulated out, & while it doesn't sound crappy, that defeats my whole reason of buying this amp, I could use my ampsims for a "direct" tone, while sims have came a long way in the last few years, I personally think they still can't compete with a real amp, mic'd up. There's things that modelers/ampsims just can't replicate yet, like the air that gets moved when using a real amp.......

Thanks again for the listen(s) & comments!!!

• Information