HT 40 Club Combo Hendrix Jam

Post your Blackstar sound clips here.
frank9310

Sun May 15, 2011 4:46 am

Hi Guys,

I'm new. aha-ha-hmmm Here's some Hendrix cover clips I recorded with the Zoom Q3 recorder using the Blackstar HT 40 Club Combo plugged inot an open back Marshall 1960AV (vintage 30 quad). The ISF control is amazing as it seems to act like a resonance control to dial in the sweet spot!

http://areyouexperienced.net/rehearse051111.htm

Johnnysolo

Mon May 16, 2011 2:40 pm

Great description of the ISF control. I'm thinking you use it all the way to the right (UK)? I find you get a real loose tube blues sound with the dial to the right.

Well done +1

frank9310

Mon May 16, 2011 3:05 pm

Thanks Johnny, Nice to meet you!

Actually, I'm always looking for the right spot to cause infinite sustain or wailing feedback for the Jimi-Trower stuff and with the gain cranked fairly high up, it started wailing right at around 1-2 o'clock! If I turned it back towards 12 o'clock or to 3 o'clock, the sustain would cease.

That's why I call it more of a resonance control because I had a Way Huge Fat Sandwich Pedal that worked exactly like that with it's resonance control. I didn't care for how gritty the pedal sounded but if you wanted to wail and feedback and have infinite sustain, you'd crank the gain and funny thing about that is the resonance almost always also had to be right around 1-2 o'clock same as the HT's ISF! Now this is with a Strat. It could be different with humbuckers but I've experienced this using different amps and several Strats and all of them seemed to resonate right around 1-2 o'clock.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvGZa4_6SnI

I'm sure the engineers at Blackstar will want to describe it differently since the S1 45 has both the ISF and a resonance control but it sure seems to work like a resonance control on the HT 40.

wetherby

Sun Aug 14, 2011 12:37 am

Frank.

Really enjoying your jams. Quality playing by you and the band.

Cheers

Spike

Crunchifyable

Sun Oct 09, 2011 2:55 am

wetherby wrote:Frank.

Really enjoying your jams. Quality playing by you and the band.

Cheers

Spike
This, and the amp sounds surprisingly too. Like a blend between my Ht-5 and the hendrix I hear in my head (I guess it's the Marshall 4x12 and volume that really enhance the sound)

• Information