Blackstar id series

General Discussion Forum - Voice The Sound In Your Head
alanmzero

Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:18 pm

Anyone know when this series of amp is out or know anything about it???

IM4Tone

Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:04 pm

alanmzero wrote:Anyone know when this series of amp is out or know anything about it???
Looks to me like it's a ss modeling amp w/ many effects, similar to the Peavey Vypyr line. I had a Peavey Vypyr w/ Sanpera I foot controller and sold it. NOT MY THING at all.
http://www.blackstaramps.co.uk/products/idseries/
http://www.premierguitar.com/Magazine/I ... fiers.aspx
Summer 2012 availability

majikmojo

Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:26 pm

^^^ thats exactly what it is....blackstars offering for a modeling amp - due out this summer
not interested at all

alanmzero

Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:30 pm

I'd be interested to try it because of the TVP do.

KKND

Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:15 am

I think Blackstar revamped the amp industry by introducing mini tube amps and then an affordable Venue series. Going to the modeling digital realm isn't very appealing move.

No Thank You!!

IM4Tone

Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:50 pm

KKND wrote:I think Blackstar revamped the amp industry by introducing mini tube amps and then an affordable Venue series. Going to the modeling digital realm isn't very appealing move.

No Thank You!!
Yeah, they did. I think this ID series will target a totally different market than the typical, current Blackstar forumite. Hope B* makes a separate forum sub-category for the IDs 'cause I don't care to have to 'sort through' the BS (pun intended) associated w/ ss modeling. :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hedgehog

Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:59 pm

I've only had experience of one modeller "in the flesh", a Line6 Spider III, which I didn't like at all - Guitar Rig on a PC is way better. But at the high end they are getting pretty good now aren't they, with the likes of Axe-FX? Not tried one myself, but they sound pretty impressive in demos and have a pretty strong following of "proper" guitarists. Quite pricey, but not compared to having a few different amps.

It would be nice if the ID series was somewhere between the cheaper stuff and the Axe-FX end. I don't think it'll be too long before reasonably priced software modelling amps will sound pretty much indistinguishable from more traditional kit.

The IDs may not be that good, who knows, but I'd like to have a play with one.

• Information