Do you play any TCGs? (Trading Card Games)

General Discussion Forum - Voice The Sound In Your Head
VictorLawrence

Tue May 28, 2024 1:09 am

I've been involved with this hellscape that is yugioh since pretty much when it first came over to the west

I also did play a bit of pokemon in the early days of the game, but dropped actually playing it pretty early in (like even before wizards lost the tcg rights). still buy packs and etc on occasion though, since I enjoy the cards from a casual collector standpoint

a few people have tried to get me to try magic, and while I've nothing against it and am sure I would enjoy it from a pure gameplay perspective, I cannot for the life of me get into the visual aesthetics direction of it. which is kinda a make or break factor for me

I've also got a bunch of other cards from various card games (most notably the original dbz tcg from way back), but none of those have been actively played with

ModestoGarr

Tue May 28, 2024 9:07 am

I've played Magic: The Gathering on and off for decades. I'm not currently playing but I'll go through phases where I play for years and then I lose interest for years.

kevinabraham

Tue May 28, 2024 9:20 am

I've been hooked on it since it first landed in the West. But like you, I've also dabbled in Pokemon back in the early days. Nowadays, I'm more into collecting than playing, but there's still something special about cracking open a fresh pack.I totally get what you mean about Magic though. It's not just about the gameplay—it's about the whole vibe, and if it doesn't click, it doesn't click.But lately, I've been taking a different route with my gaming. Spider solitaire has been my jam. Found this dope online version, and it's been a game-changer for me. There's just something about the simplicity and strategy that's so addicting.

MarynaMykhailiuta

Tue May 28, 2024 5:27 pm

I came across the article comparing the earnings of gambling media companies in 2023 by SlotsUp while looking for insights into the industry. This detailed analysis provided a thorough breakdown of how major players like Catena Media, Gambling.com Group, Kindred Group, and Raketech Group performed financially last year. The report highlighted the challenges and successes each company faced, making it an invaluable resource for anyone interested in the online gambling market. For a comprehensive look into these financial performances, you can read the full article at https://igaming.news/news/2024-03-26/co ... by-slotsup . It’s a must-read for investors and stakeholders wanting to make informed decisions.

ditete5

Fri May 31, 2024 8:34 am

I understand your perspective on the many trading card game (TCG) franchises you've worked with over the years. It's interesting to learn about your experiences with Yu-Gi-Oh and Pokémon bitlife, as well as why you've struggled to get into Magic: The Gathering's visual aspects.

• Information