Summer dress

General Discussion Forum - Voice The Sound In Your Head
ebarinu

Tue Jun 11, 2024 12:29 pm

I have set my heart on a summer dress, but oh lord, can I find anything that looks anything like. I am 5ft 6" tall with a long torso and everything I look at is short-waisted. I don't want a waist that sits somewhere under my boobs! I am a standard size 12. I have given up on JL, M & S, Next. Even browsing the more expensive websites brings up the same issue.

Anyone got any advice on where to look next?

ModestoGarr

Tue Jun 11, 2024 8:07 pm

I'm also 5ft 6" with a long torso, so I completely understand the struggle of wanting a dress that actually hits at the right waistline.

kevinabraham

Tue Jun 11, 2024 8:24 pm

It can be frustrating when everything you try seems to miss the mark, especially when it comes to the fit.I've scoured through all the usual suspects like JL, M&S, and Next, but it seems like they all have the same issue with short-waisted designs. It's like they're made for a completely different body type!Recently, though, I've had better luck browsing boutique online stores. They often have more unique and diverse selections that cater to different body types. One store that caught my eye is The Dom, specifically Bianca Spender's collection at https://thedom.com/bianca-spender. They have some really stylish pieces that might just solve your summer dress dilemma.

• Information