Looking for a volume lead boost for overdrive channel HT-20H

General Discussion Forum - Voice The Sound In Your Head
Indy_Jason

Mon May 21, 2012 4:26 pm

OK, turns out it was just a dying 9V battery.

I am definitely hearing the boost with the Boss EQ now however when it is off (which is most of the time) I really think it is affecting the tone in a negative way.

So I am thinking about going another route. Maybe the MXR..

Also I noticed the Electro Harmonix Nano LPB1 is a true bypass clean booster. Has anyone ever tried one of these in the loop?

IM4Tone

Mon May 21, 2012 5:46 pm

Indy_Jason wrote:OK, turns out it was just a dying 9V battery.

I am definitely hearing the boost with the Boss EQ now however when it is off (which is most of the time) I really think it is affecting the tone in a negative way.
My Boss EQ running in-the-loop certainly does not affect my HT20 head when turned off. :shock:

Indy_Jason

Mon May 21, 2012 6:26 pm

I couldn't really tell a difference just listening to them side by side, but I was practicing with my band last night. Mind you I use quite a bit of overdrive from the head..maybe 3:00ish.

The sound seemed to lose some distinction and seemed to be getting lost in the mix. I unhooked the effects loop and it improved.

Whatever difference there is subtle, but unless I'm going crazy, I noticed it in a full band situation.

majikmojo

Mon May 21, 2012 6:31 pm

^^^^ is it battery powered?

vbshredder

Mon May 21, 2012 7:11 pm

Indy_Jason wrote:I couldn't really tell a difference just listening to them side by side, but I was practicing with my band last night. Mind you I use quite a bit of overdrive from the head..maybe 3:00ish.

The sound seemed to lose some distinction and seemed to be getting lost in the mix. I unhooked the effects loop and it improved.

Whatever difference there is subtle, but unless I'm going crazy, I noticed it in a full band situation.
maybe loop level is not set right? did you try the other setting?

Indy_Jason

Mon May 21, 2012 7:15 pm

I'm using a DC adapter for power.

I tried both effects loop settings I noticed no difference between the 2.

• Information