A decent metal guitar (old topic deleted)

General Discussion Forum - Voice The Sound In Your Head
LTDRiffmachine

Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:03 pm

im just a little curious that you cant get a good metal sound out of the JB n 59, my ESP LTD Ninja 600 has that set up n sounds just as good as my EC 1000 with 81/60, and ive had my mates WA 600 for a few days n thats JB/59 and i loved that to bits! didnt want to give it back to him. But you cant go wrong with the guitars you have suggested, just try before you buy!

KKND

Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:55 am

Okay, i have the LTD EC1000 VB now, yet another guitar with EMG 81/60 combo and man do i love it 8)

The JB in the bridge is great for metal, i would love to have a guitar with JB/Jazz or JB/59 :twisted:

Anyways, LTDs are great man....... :D

Torero is a solid guitar by PRS, really impressive btw

Saartan

Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:31 pm

If you're into metal, I'd suggest DBZ Guitars ( http://www.dbzguitars.com/ )

Dean has been a manufacturer for awesome Metal Gear for quite a while (Dimebag at Pantera just to name a big one).
They're still pretty good value for the money (compared to ESP) and they have pretty unique designs. Now DBZ is the
"dark side of dean" as they call it, with even more uniqe designs and really good sounding guitars.

So if you want to "look metal" too, check them out.

One thing I'd want you to keep in mind is that Blackstar Amps offer much more gain than most of us are actually
going to use. Look at your current setting with the "lower output" pickups. Are you maxed? Because you're going
to lose a little on the clean tone if you're going with high output humbuckers only... And the bigger blackstar amps
tend to get into feedback a lot if you're using high output humbuckers.

So I'm actually thinking abou getting a 59 instead of the seymour duncans I have equipped atm. Better tone and
still more than enough output for my Blackstar HT 100.

Just to think about:
Maybe rather than changing the pickups, you'd want to try a booster in front of the amp first?

gerrygt62

Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:10 pm

ESP/LTD w/ EMGS+ run a Boss Graphic EQ in a 'scooped' setting into the effects loop = instant Metallica!!! LOL!!

• Information