Will Blackstar's Become Collectibles?

General Discussion Forum - Voice The Sound In Your Head
majikmojo

Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:49 am

elsupermanny14 wrote:My comment about not becoming a collectible because it is made in Asia has nothing to do with quality. I completely agree that a lot of foreign made instruments are built very well. What I meant to say is that made in Asia is, for the most part, is not "collectible."

not exactly true....there are quite a few asian guitars that are collectible - some from the 60's and 70's have doubled in value

Hedgehog

Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:06 pm

Sorry, I seem to have steered this thread off-topic... I was in an argumentative mood yesterday :oops:

FWIW, and while we're on the subject, my Japanese-made L5 copy is worth more now than it was when I bought it 14 years ago if that means anything. In the non-musical world, Oriental porcelain, ivory and other art is certainly considered collectable!

leatherskin

Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:24 pm

No, since it is a high volume mainstream product. But who cares, get the amp that sounds best to you and keep it forever.

I Wanna Rock

Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:04 pm

perhaps some will be collectible...especially if they come out this month with a limited run special edition ....oops....I've already said too much ;)

majikmojo

Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:30 pm

^^^^ see 4th post in this thread.... :lol:

I Wanna Rock

Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:51 pm

majikmojo wrote:^^^^ see 4th post in this thread.... :lol:
I've heard nothing but rumors about a signature edition. Everyone is expecting a Gus G signature, but I don't think Gus will ever really achieve the guitar god status of Randy Rhoads or Zakk. (no disrespect to Gus, and I'm not saying he won't ever get a signature model)

I've heard other things though... 8)

leatherskin

Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:58 pm

Who is Gus G? The last guy I saw playing guitar for Ozzy Ozbourne was a big guy with a beard, with the bass player that went to Metallica. Too many changes in this band to take any new guitarists seriously. And signature branding is mostly a production amp with tweaks. I wouldn't pay the extra dough to get someones name on it and get stuck with their sound preferences. Things that become collectible are generally items that nobody thinks are going to be collectible down the road.

elsupermanny14

Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:52 pm

leatherskin wrote:Who is Gus G? The last guy I saw playing guitar for Ozzy Ozbourne was a big guy with a beard, with the bass player that went to Metallica. Too many changes in this band to take any new guitarists seriously. And signature branding is mostly a production amp with tweaks. I wouldn't pay the extra dough to get someones name on it and get stuck with their sound preferences. Things that become collectible are generally items that nobody thinks are going to be collectible down the road.
Though it's off topic, I completely agree. For the most part, I'm not a fan of signature guitars or paying the upcharge in price for having a someone's autograph on my gear.

IM4Tone

Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:08 pm

elsupermanny14 wrote:....Though it's off topic, I completely agree. For the most part, I'm not a fan of signature guitars or paying the upcharge in price for having a someone's autograph on my gear.
^^^^^+1000% Image
Might make an exception (but I seriously doubt it) for one of the newer Eric Clapton Fender tweed amps :roll: Second thought NOT :|

Tomguitar1963

Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:21 pm

I have the first one produced coming tommorow certificate says 1 out of 2500 can't wait to hear it cranked up :D

• Information