HT-5 Standby switch

General Discussion Forum - Voice The Sound In Your Head
unknown2k12

Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:20 pm

Hey guys. The HT-5 is my first tube amp and I'm a bit confused because I've been reading people on forums saying 'always leave the amp on standby for 1 minute before hitting the power' etc.

But in the HT-5 manual it actually says 'you should always turn the Power switch on at least 30 seconds before the Standby switch'

What I assume is that different amps have different names for the knob that heats the tubes up and actually Blackstar have sort of done it back to front? Am I wrong?

Realstreetuk

Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:36 am

Hi

Basically start with the power and standby switch in the off position, then turn on power switch, wait about 30 seconds or longer its up to you
then switch the standby on, then you are ready to go, and then when finished turn the standby off and wait at least 30 seconds then turn the power off.
Because i find if i turn the standby switch off then power right after it makes a pop sound.
Also don't move the amp until the tubes have cooled down a be correct me if i'm wrong.it. as can damage the tubes if they are hot and the amp is moved or knocked?
that is what i have heard anyone pleas

• Information