Venue series mods-

General Discussion Forum - Voice The Sound In Your Head
GIBBY

Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:59 am

Has anyone gone and built a exact size replacement cabinet out of a better material AND put in a better speaker in any of the venue series amps?

What material did you use? Birch Ply? Solid material-Ash, Mahogany?

What speaker did you use?

Did you use Tolex covering or just paint or stain the case? ( somewhere I read that the Tolex takes from the tone)

I have a decent woodshop and would like to know if anyone has done these type of mods and how did they turn out so I could try them.

gt_jumper

Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:36 am

I cant remember who in this forum is recovering a white one. Im in the middle of making soundproof boards for my home studio but im going to redo the cabinet of my HT-20 combo when im done. I know its going to make the sound "pop" out better and get rid of the mud which i am sure is the result of the MDF cab.

lefty69

Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:32 am

Hi I just installed 2 celestion vintage 30's in my HT60 2-12 and it made a big improvment in tone. It really smoothed out the sound overall better highs smoother mids still has great bass response. It took the fizziness out of the overdrive channels I had too roll back the treble and presence knobs after intalling the V 30's as oppose to the 70/80's. So yeah I highly recomend replacing the speakers big improvment in tone. Next I want to try different tubes to see if I can get a little more clairity and a bit of a cleaner tone out of it if anybody has any info on swapping tubes let me know your results please.

drakone

Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:41 pm

I'm about to change the preamp tubes to JJs and power tubes to EHs - since I have a good experience with this set of tubes in my previous amps. Also TubeTown EL34 sound great - they are made in exact the same factory as Groove Tubes.
I'm waiting for the tubes, thay should arrive in next week.
I'll let You know.

I'm about to change a stock celestion to V30

KKND

Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:03 pm

lefty69 wrote:Hi I just installed 2 celestion vintage 30's in my HT60 2-12 and it made a big improvment in tone. It really smoothed out the sound overall better highs smoother mids still has great bass response. It took the fizziness out of the overdrive channels I had too roll back the treble and presence knobs after intalling the V 30's as oppose to the 70/80's. So yeah I highly recommend replacing the speakers big improvment in tone. Next I want to try different tubes to see if I can get a little more clairity and a bit of a cleaner tone out of it if anybody has any info on swapping tubes let me know your results please.
Hello there, well i have been looking for some one with V 30s in the stage 60. I am planning to replace my speakers as they sound too harsh and muddy but first i will replace pre amp tubes by a set of JJ's. Which V30 did you install? and is it easy to do so or do i need soldering kit...never done this before, thanks.

And...it is a given fact that 70 80 are not good, according to internet reviews and black star owners, but jshaffer replaced his stock 70-80 with K-100 and it sounds awesome (check you tube) but i was thinking vintage 30 since most of my favorite artists use them (Metallica, Slash and Megadeath) so did you try to seek such tones from your amp, because i want to know if the V30's work well with the blackstar stage 60 as an amp....THANKS

• Information