4CM Method + ordering of effects from Boss GT-10

General Discussion Forum - Voice The Sound In Your Head
Bob Double Jack

Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:03 pm

Hi folks

I use a boss-gt-10 using the 4cm through my Club HT-50 Head, and the sound is awesome. However, is there a set way that is best for the effects chain from the unit ? I don't use any amp modelling, just delay, harmoniser, flanger, chorus, eq and wah. Guitars are mainly Ibanez s570 (x2) with the stock infinity pickups.

I've got the GT-10 set up at -4db for the master output, and the button on the back of the amp is set to match this as well, as per the instructions in the Gt-10 handbook (which is like war & peace and not an easy read!)

Any advice greatly appreciated. Incidentally, the tone is awesome, but always looking to improve.

jsdempsey

Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:19 am

Here is a good general guidline that I've found pretty useful. Just remember to place your preamp "loop" in between the amp sims & EQ (position 6.5). I've been using a Club 50 w/Boss GT-8 along with the 4CM for a while & other than trying to solve some feedback issues the set-up sounds sweet! I don't use any amp sims either...

Suggested F/X Placements:
1-Anti-Feedback 1-Auto-Riff 1-Feedbacker 1-Slow Gear 1-Guitar Synth
2-Acoustic Guitar Simulator 2-Pickup Simulator
3-Compressor 3-Limiter
4-Auto-Wah 4-Pedal-Wah 4-Humanizer
5-Overdrive/Distortion
6-Preamp
7-Equaliser
8-Noise Suppressor
9-Foot volume
10-Harmonist
11-Short Delay 11-Vibrato 11-2x2 Chorus 11-Flanger 11-Phaser 11-Ring Modulator
12-Delay
13-Chorus
14-Slicer 14-Tremolo/Pan
15-Reverb

PTF

Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:05 am

Obviously there are many combinations that are possible. However, the "usual" way to order the effects you're using would be to have the guitar in front of the amp, and everything else in the effects loop.

Your signal would then be

Guitar > Wah > Amp > fx send > Delay/Mod etc > fx return.

• Information