leaving blackstar

General Discussion Forum - Voice The Sound In Your Head
cak

Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:59 am

sorry blackstar, but i have purchased the bogner ecstasy red and blue pedals.they sound good on my egnater tourmaster but not on my ht club 40.tried them on a fender hot rod deluxe iii at guitar center and they sound great.club 40 will be traded in on thursday goodbye.

Sonofarich

Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:03 am

Why would anyone sign up on a manufacturer's forum to create their one-and-only post saying that they are selling??

Klaus

Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:36 am

Probably because they havent got a clue about how individual pedals /Amplifier combinations work and are influenced by Salesmen in shops that tell them what to think and Buy, only Morononic idiots that have sad pathetic lives without friends post comments like that - he will probably join the Darwin club when someone tells him to mess about inside an Amp........Goodbye Cak , you wont be missed !

MetalOctane

Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:16 am

I think the funny thing here is that he just spent $600 on distortion pedals...... LOL

ChrisinMO

Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:25 pm

LOL!!! People like that are just pot stirrers trying to get a rise out of Blackstar owners. He obviously wouldn't know sound if it hit him in the face! Probably can't play worth a sh!t anyway so it doesn't make any difference how his amps sound!

cak

Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:47 pm

i am sorry you guys think these things about me.have owned my ht 40 since they first came out and have been part of the old forum under ck since it started .i find it funny that you say these things about someone you don't know or have never met.i am sure you also have spent money on distortion pedals.maybe not $600.what i do with my money does not effect you.i am not here to call people morons or anything like that.i did not mean for my post to be taken negative in any way.it would have been great if my amp gelled with the pedals but this was not the case.have a nice day and merry christmas to you and all your loved ones.
Last edited by cak on Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cak

Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:05 pm

new post.blackstar.my club 40 has been a great amp for me for quite a while.been a great grab and go amp.but i was lookin for a particular sound that is really hard to acquire until very recently,the pedals i purshased worked fine for my main rig but unfotunatly did not with the club 40.thank you for a great product as i have enjoyed the time i have had with it.

cak

Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:46 pm

always wanted the bogner tone.so let me see the best way to get that.bogner ecstasy 20th anniversary 100 watt head is $4487.not in my life time.maybe yours.bogner ecstasy red and blue same channels as the amp and respond very very much as said head.$600.wish i could get one of the artisan series blackstars.they are very expensive too.fender amp is a very clean platform for these pedals and together they get that tone.in comparison the ht-dual is $250 and the distx is $200.$450 for these two pedals.would it be funny if i paid that for those pedals.probably not to any of you because it's BLACKSTAR.everybody pays for things to get the tone they are after.i payed $150 more for the bogner pedals than the comparable blackstar pedals to get the tone i am after.i guess i just don't know what tone is if it hit me in the face.silly me for wanting that bogner tone. :roll:
Last edited by cak on Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sonofarich

Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:47 pm

A Timmy and a MXR Custom Badass Modified OD (or OCD) would have probably given you all the OD tones you could ever need for $200-$250. They play very nicely with the BS line.

My recommendation when testing new pedals would be when try the combinations on YOUR specific amp, before buying and use your ears (i.e. close your eyes). The platform makes all the difference (as you've found out) and a Bogner pedal doesn't always sound like a Bogner. Furthermore, tweaking usually is needed to find the sweet spot. I don't think Bogner pedals are the 'only' way to get Bogner-like tone. Just takes a little more fiddlin'. That said, using a Red/Blue pedal on any other amp than a real Bogner, is still making it only Bogner-like. But...since you have other amps anyway, no harm in ditching the BS. Just doesn't make sense why you would get on a BS forum to bash their product. I think it's pretty widely known that not all pedals work well on all amps.

cak

Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:29 pm

fair enough reply and thank you for response.you are right about the mxr as i have one.i use it for a clean boost into the bogners so i can keep the gains on both pedals lower and they actually get closer to that tone with it.having a/b'ed the ecstasy head with the bogner 412 cabinet i find quite close.you are right it still has to do with the way the tube,transformer and speakers interact.but it is close.the best 2 pedals imho that i used for boosting the front end of the club 40 was the fulldrive 2 and the lovepedal amp 50.i just feel that all my pedals have to work with all my amps the smaller amp is for gigging as my tourmaster is to freakin' heavy.also if you are intrested you should check out the barber barb e.q. i used it in the efects loop of the club40 and it worked great.again my first post did sound negative and i apologize to all blackstar users.but that was not my intent.i am not blackstar bashing.if i did not like blackstar i would not have kept the 40 as long as i have.it's just the neverending tone quest.

• Information