My new ID:260 ..first thoughts

General Discussion Forum - Voice The Sound In Your Head
AscottAudio

Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:09 pm

I stand corrected...

"Custom voiced Blackstar Blackbird speakers in the ID range"

Straight from blackstar customer service. Not sure why I though they used Neo's.
Last edited by AscottAudio on Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

kartes

Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:25 pm

Thanks for the info on the cabinet and speakers. I think I am going to get an ID:260 when they become available here (hopefully in the next couple of weeks).

mhat - thanks for the quick comparison to the jvm205. That is the other amp I was considering - now you've made my decision easier.

If I were to get an external cab, I've been looking at the Avatar 2x12. They let you pick and choose from a variety of Celestion and Eminence speakers plus you can get the cab configured for stereo - perfect for the 60 watt head. Their prices are reasonable and they are well built. Not sure if they're available in your area though.

myk.robinson

Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:27 am

Does the 260 have an effects loop? They have not posted a manual yet :(

mhat

Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:52 pm

Hiya,

You can get the manual here: http://www.blackstaramps.com/pdf/handbo ... 00-260.pdf

Sadly none of the ID series have an effects loop, that said, the on board effects are pretty good so for me its not such a big issue.

AscottAudio

Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:06 am

I just spoke to our local Blackstar distributor..In Melbourne the ID series (and the FS10 foot switch that I am after) will be available here in the next few days.

It looks like the FS10 is just a normal jack lead connection but can somehow get power and control quite a few parameters..maybe there is something I am not "gettting"..as I cant see how it can do all this from a single phone jack connection??????

AscottAudio

Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:59 am

After a drive to the other side of town and back..I now have the FS10 for my ID260 amp.

I almost expected it to not work..but it does!..just one guitar lead from the amp to the footswitch does indeed power and run the fs10..I guess it must be a combo of digital technology and blackstar know-how..but they could perhaps have called it "BlackMagic"...as the one lead powered..fully functioned FS10 is pretty close to voodoo in my eyes..what joy!

Guitar Stu

Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:56 pm

Hi. I got a question about the volume of the amp. Real tube amps sound there best when dimed. Does the ID give a good tube sound at lower levels without the main being turned right up or does it really sound best with the volume right up.
If they nailed having a great sound at both low and high volume levels it will be a winner. Apparently they have just landed in Australia and should be available.
Thanks to anyone who leaves an answer. I'm very close to pulling the trigger on one.

Stuart.

myk.robinson

Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:13 am

Just got my ID:260 TVP from a local mom & pop music store in Tennessee. They called me when it came it, i've been waiting on them since Blackstar's first teaser video. Guess this means they finally made it stateside.

AscottAudio

Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:49 am

To date I have played the ID at low level and just recently turned her up while playing some backing tracks through a small PA.

I am VERY impressed.

I am keeping things very simple to start with and have stored 4 basic tones. Clean/Crunch/Super Crunch/lead..

I had to do a tiny amount of editing to get them how I wanted.. which says how good the ID is right off the bat.

Necroprasad

Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:44 am

Hi everyone,

I just got my new ID260 and am loving it! Just one thing I can't quite figure out. One of the default patches is called "Hot Rod Stack" and I really like the sound of that patch, but its very noisy and the amp hisses a lot if the volume is up high and I'm not playing. I tried to add a noise gate onto the patch via the insider software but it doesn't seem to be working. Is that because this patch is on the super crunch channel, and the noise gate only works for OD1 & OD2? If so that really sucks, it would be great if the noise gate could work for all voices, and if it does, does anybody know how to get it to work? Thanks!

• Information