What do you use your clean channel for?

General Discussion Forum - Voice The Sound In Your Head
Ticallion

Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:47 pm

Cleans ofc i know :)

Hi, i ordered a new Blackstar Ht-Club 50, and its on its way!
Really excited, and i have been thinking about stuff.
I have 2 channels, with 2 different voicings, but i want to ask you guys,
If you would want do dial in an ACDC kinda tone (no pedals)
Would you crank the clean channel into tube drive?
Or would you start from the overdrive channel?

Because i was hoping i could do it on the clean channel,
while using the OD channel for some heavier stuff, Without changing anything!

Any ideas?

Sonofarich

Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:51 pm

If it's anything like the HT-20 clean channel, you won't get near enough breakup. Maybe other HT-50 owners will chime in.

FWIW...aside from the clean tones, I use the clean channel as a pedal platform.

shaggyrun

Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:05 am

I don't have a ht 50 but I do have a ht stage 60, so yours maybe different but on my stage 60 you have to use the vintage voicing which has a brighter tone to it think AC30 kinda, and you really have to push the preamp volume but even then the break up is not enough to do acdc while do a decent dirty blues might get close to acdc but it will lack some of the teeth in angus' tone. I don't know if the 50 has a 1/4" jack for an optional latching footswitch to change channel 2 voicing. my stage 60 has 3 channels and the 3rd channel has an additional footswitch that allows my to change from vintage voice to modern which boost the volume and gain on that channel. if you have that option get you a latching footswitch and really is very useful will almost turn amp inot a 3 channel amp. other then that I just want to say enjoy your amp my stage 60 is by far one of the best amps I have played

Hedgehog

Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:36 pm

I use a clean sound a fair bit in my current band, so the clean channel on my HT gets used.

As for break-up of the clean channel, it doesn't really happen on my HT20H without using a clean boost pedal in front. Unless you can get away with playing REALLY loud (gig volume even with the 20), then the power amp starts to break up and sounds nice, but not really dirty enough for AC/DC (more of a '50s rock n roll breakup).

For slight break-up at sensible volume you're better off using the drive channel with the gain knob right down (easier to balance with a lower gain preamp valve like a 12AY7, otherwise it goes straight into filth pretty much as soon as you move the gain off 0).

• Information