Saved patches in Blackstar versus eveyother programmable amp

General Discussion Forum - Voice The Sound In Your Head
allmostawake

Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:01 am

I owned or tried Line6, Vox at/vt, Peavey-Vyper and they all did one simple thing. Save the entire patch to a preset. As in. It saves all the pre-amp, power amp, and effects parameters to a program slot. And after saving them you can turn off the amp start it up at another time punch in a preset and everything thing that went into that preset is saved. All you need to do, if you want, is to turn the volume to your desired level. Which is what i was expecting in the new ID:CORE 40 which I bought yesterday. But it turns out you CAN'T do this most basic of things.

Which is to call up a preset at any point in time and every thing is there that you saved. But with this amp it does not bother to save any of the preamp settings which are GAIN and VOLUME. Which renders this thing nearly useless because, when I call up a patch I've got to go back and find the original GAIN and VOLUME settings I used in the original patch. it just saved the one of six modes and the effects settings. You do understand how useless this is when you want to seamlessly switch from one sound to another. If I'm missing something please tell me. Because at this point I'm not so sure this amp is worth my time. Also, no tone controls!! really? Do I need to explain that one too?

• Information