ID260tvp and Behringer FCB1010 midi controller

General Discussion Forum - Voice The Sound In Your Head
GeeNelly

Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:57 pm

ok...sooo... I grabbed a version of the PC editor... I created a preset patch..
I sent it sysex and verified that it sent as the led went off for switch 7... (i didn't hacve bot midi cables hooked up) Still nothing happens with the amp! I am unsure of what channel the amp is set on..I had been waiting for the repaired insider uopdates...I'll guess i will have to install it to check.
Anything i may be missing?
I'm using the FCB Midi editor vers 2.99-2 It disp[lays my firmware as Behringer 2.5.1E.

CuztardPi

Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:32 pm

The latest version of Ed Dixon's editor is 2.99-7. get the update here:
http://www.mtnsys.com/?path=faq-fcb/showfaqs.asp%3f
http://www2.mtnsys.com:81/faq-fcb/Downl ... 1010up.exe

The FCB1010 is known for being a bit picky with respect to which USB to MIDI adapters it works with. This is a favourite discussion point on the Yahoo FCB1010 forums (the UNO chip is supposed to improve this aspect of the FCB1010).
I use a cheap'o ebay chinese type which lucky for me works OK. I can't speak for your MIDI interface but "mio" is not listed in the MIDI Interface Units database on the UNO yahoo chat group so I can't tell if that is your problem; see here:
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/fcb ... ase/4/edit

You should try using the diferent transmit sysex data options in the global settings menu on the FCB1010 MIDI Editor.; that might help.

good luck

GeeNelly

Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:40 pm

OK! Getting somewhere now! I uploaded your sysex file into the PC editor...sent it...and its changing patches and stuff (I am assuming what u have programmed it for). But I am thinking if my firmware chip says behringer in the editor...I probably should get the new firm chip... Just don't know where in the US. I also subscribed to the yahoo group...just waiting for the admin to approve! Thank u sooo frekin much! NOW... I guess I just gotta play with it...

GeeNelly

Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:24 pm

Still not able to see or post in the FCB1010 user group... But i THINK I understand how this thing works... now that i have the PC editor...
When u select Bank 00 Preset 1
You can send up tp 5 PC messages
2 CC Messages...
2 exp controls
So... in Bank 00, preset 1... when I press switch 6... It is going to select bank 00 preset 6? In other words... No stompbox type control...at least with my behringer chip?
This thing appears to be pretty powerful... just understanding it and its shitty manual!

CuztardPi

Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:47 pm

GeeNelly wrote:..... when I press switch 6... It is going to select bank 00 preset 6? In other words... No stompbox type control...at least with my behringer chip?
For the 'stompbox' switches you will need to deselect the PC controls so that only CC's are sent when you press the buttons i.e for switch 6 untick the PC

GeeNelly

Sat Oct 11, 2014 12:28 am

Dear cadblaster... How were u able to do this? How do you program EACH switch function within a banks preset? So bank 00 preset 1... I'd like 5 of my favs... and on top the stomp control of the 260?

cadblaster

Sat Oct 11, 2014 1:14 am

GeeNelly wrote:Dear cadblaster... How were u able to do this? How do you program EACH switch function within a banks preset? So bank 00 preset 1... I'd like 5 of my favs... and on top the stomp control of the 260?
It's not that difficult once you understand it. No software/editor required. You can manually edit each button to send a PC or CC command.
My recommendations to do it with the least amount fuss is as follows:
1)Reset the Behringer to factory defaults. If you do this it will be sending on Midi channel 1, and set all buttons to send PC commands (no CC), with correct corresponding #'s. Button 4= PC4 etc.
2)Read page 9, 2.4.4 (programming Control Changes) of the Behringer manual. In a nutshell, you press the button you want to make into a "stomp", then put it in edit mode, turn PC off and turn CC on, followed by adding the CC # you want to control(from the Blackstar list) and your done. Do this at each location of where you want to add a stomp/function.

As a sidenote, I find it especially useful to make a "stomp" for CC#119, which is the save function. To use, press any preset button on your controller you want to make or edit an amp patch. Adjust the amp to your liking, then press the "Stomp". Now the amp patch is saved/resaved to the preset position you first pushed. So now you have a way of setting up/editing/saving patches without having to have insider plugged up to your amp. :mrgreen:

GeeNelly

Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:27 pm

So sorry for all the questions... But HOW do you program each individual switch? Also...one thing i learned is that if the fs10 is plugged in...no midi control. I was trying to use it to tell me the patch number in the id260.

GeeNelly

Sun Oct 12, 2014 12:40 pm

eh...

cadblaster

Sun Oct 12, 2014 12:45 pm

Behringer Manual:
page 8-9
2.4.3 Programming Program Changes
2.4.4 Programming Control Changes

• Information