ID260tvp and Behringer FCB1010 midi controller

General Discussion Forum - Voice The Sound In Your Head
GeeNelly

Sun Oct 12, 2014 1:09 pm

So... Thanks for the info guys!
I created a preset (bank?) 09 that calls up 5 different "favs" and turns on and off the effects on switched 6,7,8,... toggles between two mod effects on switch 9 (I believe that i may change this to the pedal)... and I believe i also have the tap tempo working on switch 10! Thanks uz 2 guyz! The volume dsnt seem to do much though... Gotta look into that again. The PC editor REALLY got me to understand this thing better...
NOW, if only the leds would change...SO...I am looking at prom updates.

So, things i have learned thus far are...
I will be "limited" to probably 10 "banks" that will contain 5 "favorite" presets...with the ability to turn on/off the effects, a tap tempo switch...Effects selection of my choice (limited to two or use exp pedal)...volume and some sort of exp b parameter.
The stock footswitch can't be used with midi switching? (did NOT see it ANYWHERE in the BS manual)
I paid $40 bucks for this thing on Craigslist... BRAND NEW... Never used!
I am thinking of finding an EPROM as I believe I may have access to a PROM burner at work...I could just download the firmnware...the ONLY reason is i don't want to wait for a shipment from europe for the UnO prom. i'll probably buy one anyway... just to show my appreciation to the fella for creating the update he did!
So today... I'm going to try and use the "stompbox" mode.. but i am pretty certain it's not going to work, as i believe that ur sysex file (cuztard?) contained them and did not work...
Guys... MANY MANY thanks, as i have still not been approved for the yahoo FCB1010 site...
Many thanks again!

cadblaster

Sun Oct 12, 2014 2:23 pm

Glad your starting to get your head wrapped around it.
But be warned, it's addicting and hard to go back. The next thing you know you'll have a closet full of Midi Controllers :!: :mrgreen:

Some good reading to research is "Bob Bradshaw". He's the one who really pioneered midi rigs/controllers. Most of which was incorporated into Rocktron, and copied by Voodoo and others. It will give you a lot of ideas for layouts.

GeeNelly

Fri Oct 17, 2014 6:14 am

Another question... and i do apologize as i have been getting no response at the yahoo board...
Sysex... Do all the presets and patches get sent and saved at once? Or individually?
thx again.

GeeNelly

Fri Oct 17, 2014 6:24 am

I forgot to mention in the last post that i am using the FCB1010 Midi editor...

cjasper84

Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:15 pm

Can anybody help me?

I've got an ID260TVP and FCB1010. I'm having trouble setting up a tap tempo. This is how I want to run my setup on the FCB.

1-5 patch recall

6 - mod on/off
7 - reverb on/off
8 - delay on/off
9 - line 6 m5 on/off
10 - tap tempo for delay on the ID.

(I have the UNO mod by the way)
Everything is working fine, other than the tap tempo. I have set the top row to run as stomp boxes and set button 10 to work as an in-latched pedal. I have set it to send cc 68 with no value to toggle between. This is activating the tap tempo but not in the way I would expect. The speed of the tap is not what I am taping in with my foot. If I tap along to 120bpm click the tap tempo goes really quick! I've tried taping just twice and four times but I'm getting the same results.

Can you suggest anything? Have you had this problem?

Thanks,

Craig.

CuztardPi

Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:26 am

Hi Craig,

I have a similar set up to yours & successfully use button 10 for tap tempo.

Mine is setup as follows:
Button 10 with CC1 control set to CC68 in toggling mode with value = 127 & value (alt) = 0

Note: it is true that the actual data transmitted is ignored but you do need to transmit something when you press button 10 in order to trigger the amp's tap tempo circuit. By setting the CC68 data values to 127 & 0 the tap tempo is determined by the time taken between pressing the button the 1st time (127) and the 2nd time (0).

Have fun!

cjasper84

Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:42 pm

Thanks for the reply.

I've solved it. I had button 10 set as momentary (un-latched) switch. I've changed it now to a normal stomp box and set the values you have stated and it works a treat.

On a surprising note, if I activate my mod effects the tap tempo is working on those as well (if the mod effect has the green light on the front of the amp). I thought the tap tempo midi cc only worked on the delay time? Was this updated in a firmware update? Are there any other new midi controls I've missed?

I wish they would give you the option to set the tap tempo as a global setting. So if you tap in a tempo within a patch it changes the delay and mod time, instead of having to do them separately. A little bit like you can with Line 6 equipment.

I used Line 6 years ago - I said I'd never use digital again and went back to using a Marshall DSL. Until the ID. They've got the sound spot on! Just wish they'd give it the functionality of the the line 6 gear. The option to have global tap tempo, the option to change note durations for the tap tempo (e.g. the delay could be working from crotchet notes whilst the mod works on quaver notes) and a more comprehensive dedicated foot switch. The FS-10 is ok but useless on stage if you want to get the most out of the amp. I know I keep going back to Lone 6 equipment - but if Blackstar can make the next generation ID amps sound as good as the 1st generation with the added functionality of a line 6 style floor board then they will have quite literally made THE perfect amp!

GeeNelly1

Tue Sep 20, 2022 2:16 pm

OK... so I've been away from the forum a bit and couldn't access my old account GeeNelly...

I am trying to get these things going again...
So, I downloaded the fcb 2.2.1 manager and I don't know wtf is going on with 64 bit vers. I am using Win 11. So, I found the good old fcb midi edit utility I had installed before and installed that. Well, the "stompbox" areas are greyed out. I had a preset sysex that a gentleman cuztardpi had forwarded me back in 2014. Well, it was late last night and I was bugging out trying to program it and I wound up wiping out the preset he gave me a copy of! I know I thought I had saved the preset before I started fin around with it...
I have an UnO chip installed (it shows up as Uno but no rev history in the utility). So, could I have somehow bugged the chip out? or maybe the editor is NG? I remember now how much i loved this amp... I am NOT a fan of architect Software and liked the Insider software better, but when I tried to install that, it needed MS Silverlight? I was first hoping to just use insider to move my patches. Unless I am a complete idiot, I can't see where Architect lets you do that.
Anyway, any thoughts? Any help appreciated.
I would like to have the bottom row 5 tones and be able to shut off the effects and toggle them, as well as the tap function like cuztards preset he sent me. My thought was I was just going to edit the program change info on the bottom 5 switches and just send them back to the amp.
HOW can behringer make such an awesome controller and not have their own software for it?

Geez!

GeeNelly1

Tue Sep 20, 2022 5:43 pm

Or Blackstar not make a more powerful remote than the fs10!

• Information