ID260tvp and Behringer FCB1010 midi controller

General Discussion Forum - Voice The Sound In Your Head
GeeNelly

Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:28 am

Hello....looking for some help. I recently acquired a brand new FCB1010 dirt cheap.
My question is... Id like to be able to program bottom footswitches for five of my favorite presents, and use the top five for stomp box like control of the effects...ad well as tap tempo
Anyone using one? Can i do thus with behringer prom? Or do i need another prom such as uno?

cadblaster

Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:36 am

Several of us have/use the Behringer with the I.D amps. Yes, you can program the behringer with 5 stomps and 5 patches with the stock unit. It is however time consuming and not very intuitive.(You'll have to program every single button on every bank you intend to use). Hopefully someone else will chime in that has more experience with using the other proms that are available.

The thing I like about the stock Behringer is you can program it to do any setup you like not just 5 and 5.
For instance I like 8 and 2. One stomp for saving (CC 119), and one stomp for delay tap, the other 8 for patches.

GeeNelly

Thu Oct 09, 2014 7:24 pm

really? I was under the impression that you had to order one of the updated proms. I was reading in another thread here and the user had his programmed EXACTLY like I would like to have mine setup. I'd like to pick fav patches below on 1-5, and on top...turn the effects on and off, and have the tap tempo function. THEN this would be a dream setup for me! And that would be just using one preset on FCB! The other user even had his setup to tap on the preset and change volumes for solos.

cadblaster

Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:33 pm

As they say,, there's more than one way to skin a cat. You can manually program any button of the Behringer to send a CC or PC command. Haven't tried the double tap programming of a preset for volume though.

CuztardPi

Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:39 am

GeeNelly wrote:really? I was under the impression that you had to order one of the updated proms. I was reading in another thread here and the user had his programmed EXACTLY like I would like to have mine setup. I'd like to pick fav patches below on 1-5, and on top...turn the effects on and off, and have the tap tempo function. THEN this would be a dream setup for me! And that would be just using one preset on FCB! The other user even had his setup to tap on the preset and change volumes for solos.
Hi - I guess I'm the "other user" you're talkng about.

You can download below a copy of the sysex file I'm using on my FCB1010 that runs it exactly (?) how you want .. but note it was programmed to work with the UNO mod chip, so may not work with the Behringer original chip. However at least you can open the sysex to see how I've programmed mine & it may help you decide what to do with yours.

Note: this is my latest sysex:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/skdt5asds7ziz ... 7.syx?dl=0

With my (current) setup I have:
Effects:
#6 = Modulation (Chorus) ON/OFF (I program the ID260 so that Chorus is the default MOD effect on all presets)
#7 = Alternate Modulation Select: Phaser (when ON) & Flanger (when OFF) (this switch toggles the MOD effect between Phaser & Flanger when it has been turned ON by switch #6)(You could always swap one of the MOD effects to use Tremolo if preferred)
#8 = Reverb ON/OFF
#9 = Delay ON/OFF
#10 = Tap Tempo for Delay

Pedal 1: Modulation rate pedal (works on Chorus/Phasor/Flanger)
Pedal 2: Volume pedal (& does provide a volume boost on some presets depending on the original volume level of the preset on the amp)
Switches #1 to 5 in banks 1, 2, 3 for all 12 presets available from the amp front panel.

Note that I have the UNO chip installed in my FCB1010 which does improve the useability significantly IMO (& it's quite inexpensive!) ... mainly providing 'stompbox mode' where the lights on the top row 'effects' actually reflect the state of each stompbox On or Off. Without the UNO chip, yes you can still program the FCB1010 to work in a similar stompbox mode BUT the lights on the effects switches will not reflect the actual switch state.

Yes, for a while I did tryout the option to increase the volume using the "blocking repeated program change" toggling CC option available with the FCB1010 & it worked great .. however it was really tricky/complicated to setup as the volume level on each preset on the amp had to be matched against the 2 volume levels in the FCB1010 program for it to work as planned. I now do not use this function, which has simplified the programming of the FCB1010 a lot ... I now use a separate boost pedal for volume/solo boost which sounds great thru my ID260.

Feel free to ask any questions; if I can help, I will.

cheers
Last edited by CuztardPi on Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GeeNelly

Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:33 pm

Thank you so so much! I was playing with mine a little bit... I can't seem to get it to do anything! For instance on button one... i programmed (I think) to call patch 127 (highest value) and button 2 with 00... But, I know i never enetered a midi channel number. I was under the impression that if it was defaulted to omni...and the amp as well...I'd be ok... I will continue to play... Thanks soo much. The more I play with this amp... the smaller my pedalboard... other than wah! If I can get this going... MINGYA! Thanks again.. I'll keep you posted.

cadblaster

Fri Oct 10, 2014 7:33 pm

Until you get the hang of things, you can save yourself some headaches by:
1)Reset the Behringer to it defaults, and you won't have to program anything. I.E., button #1 will call up patch #1, #23=#23 etc, etc.
2)Use the insider software to move patches where you need them. I.E,, if you want button # 2 to call up patch #127, use insider to copy/paste/cut it to #2, rather than trying to using Midi mapping on the Behringer. :mrgreen:

CuztardPi

Fri Oct 10, 2014 7:51 pm

I also recommend setting your amp to only use a single midi channel using Insider (e.g. #1) .. I originally left it on omni & it caused me a real headache trying to sort out my MIDI programming.

Good luck with your settup.

GeeNelly

Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:15 pm

This is really bumming me out! I tried to sysex your file cuztardpi... but it won't even do that! I put it in global config...config...pressed switch 7 (sysex receive) and the manual states it should shut off after sysex receive...? I am using a mio usb/midi adapter which has monitor "leds" on the pc screen that show activity...
frustration!!

GeeNelly

Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:16 pm

This is really bumming me out! I tried to sysex your file cuztardpi... but it won't even do that! I put it in global config...config...pressed switch 7 (sysex receive) and the manual states it should shut off after sysex receive...? I am using a mio usb/midi adapter which has monitor "leds" on the pc screen that show activity...
frustration!!

• Information