Should Blackstar build a Bass Overdrive?

General Discussion Forum - Voice The Sound In Your Head
Phantom

Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:27 pm

Well should they ... have you tried a HTDual on Bass ... Awesome! ... no loss of bottom end!

Phantom Image

adambmetal

Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:42 pm

I would love to hear a Blackstar tube bass amp. Theres an idea fellas!

Phantom

Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:34 am

Now there's a thought ... I guess they are worried that because they started as a guitar amp company no-one would buy bass amps from them?

And I understand that their chief designer and all round "good guy" is a bass player! Go figure!

Phantom.

therabhus

Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:35 am

Just wang a Dist-X in front of your amp! That's what our bassist does and it sounds KILLER!

Paddy

Phantom

Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:12 pm

I've used a Dual and it's way cool ... but I'd love to see a few more specific bass controls ... particularly in the EQ and maybe ISF ... that's why I think a Bass versionof the Dual would be awesome!

Phantom.

SCHEMATIC MAN

Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:28 pm

HEY PHANTOM THAT A GREAT IDEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 8)

i have the great joy of playin guitar using several blackstar goodies , and then findin myself being a bass guy in my original band. :roll: .it has worked out mighty fine now ..i have been talkin to several "guys" about such an blackstar bass pedal, i think it would be a winner! Phamtom your a genuis!!!! :D i myself started using the b/star boost pedal originally for subtle drive in my bass rig, BUT i needed more grunt . :shock: ...so now im using the "HT DUAL pedal in my bass rig... the valve ...mmmm warmth....the ability to have 2 gain stages is great BUT being able to scoop the mids on the pedal you dont lose the bottom end and that is a big flaw in alot of so called bass pedals. i think if the guys in blackstar land put their heads together im sure that they could come up with a pedal that would scare the pants off other thangs... :) ......so wot do ya think Mr Blackstar????? i think you guys could whip one up pretty easy.... :lol:

SM

SCHEMATIC MAN

Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:35 pm

HEY PHANTOM... :)

wow , jezzzzz just imagine a BLACKSTAR FULL TUBE BASS HEAD!!!!!, :shock: with the "HT" gain stage thrown in???? :shock: it would be a killa!!!!!!!!....... i have already run a 200watt BLACKSTAR HEAD thru my bass cabs .....FFFFFFFFFFFFFAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRR OOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUTTTTTTTTTTT....... :twisted: .very "new " tone...somethang ya dont hear in other bass amps ......

sm :) .

Phantom

Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:30 pm

I feel a strong need to start a movement to get the boys headed in that direction. If they can do this stuff with guitar what about bass I say! I'm with you 100% ... I have a Series One 200 and I love it. Used it on bass also and it rocked!

What would Flea think hey?

Phantom.

therabhus

Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:43 pm

Whoa hang on guys. Let them get a little more established in the guitar market first. All Valve Bass amps cost a lot of dollar to buy, the price of R&D must be mental!

Paddy

Phantom

Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:47 pm

Nah Paddy you don't know Bruce ... he can design this stuff in his sleep, have it laid out by morning tea and still have time to make a cuppa!

lol

Phantom.

Come on Bruce ... I know your watching! ... lol

• Information