Open Source CRM

General Discussion Forum - Voice The Sound In Your Head
VictorLawrence

Wed Apr 10, 2024 3:35 pm

We recently installed a Synology server for her home office so that she could have good backups. To assist her handle her clients more effectively, my next goal is to acquire some CRM software that I can host on the Synology.

The only actual requirement for this is that it be able to function on the Synology. I gave her the DS720+, which has a four-core 2.0/2.7 CPU and six gigabytes of RAM. Another advantage would be to be able to automate some processes using Python.

Can anyone offer any suggestions?
Many thanks

ModestoGarr

Wed Apr 10, 2024 4:03 pm

Biggest, and I would even say most important is to get an ssd, Espo/MySQL thrives on it, you will get an incomparable speed boost from an ssd, this is talking from a personal experience, first we selfhosted on a WD Blue, then moved to an ssd, that was the best thing we did so far, lightning fast.

VictorLawrence

Wed Apr 10, 2024 4:12 pm

Hey Victor, it's great that you're looking to enhance your wife's home office setup with CRM software on the Synology server. With the DS720+ specs, you should have enough power to run a variety of CRM applications. One open-source option to consider is SuiteCRM, which is PHP-based and can be run on a LAMP stack, compatible with Synology.
For automation using Python, you might want to explore integrating your CRM with Python scripts using its API or webhooks. This can help automate tasks and streamline workflows.
Additionally, you can check out https://planfix.com/prices/, a CRM that offers both cloud and self-hosted options, which may suit your needs. Hope this helps!

Chill4x

Thu Apr 11, 2024 7:01 pm

I've got a setup kinda like yours with my Synology server, and I've been rolling with SuiteCRM for handling all my CRM stuff. It's sweet 'cause it's open-source, meaning you can tweak it however you like, and it runs like a dream on Synology.

• Information