Moving to new state

General Discussion Forum - Voice The Sound In Your Head
VictorLawrence

Fri Apr 12, 2024 12:44 pm

Not sure where else to post this question…. Husband thinking he wants to move to a different state. How does it work to purchase a new home? Do you have to go first and get jobs? To show work history before buying a home? Rent an apt in the mean time? We pay our mortgage for our current home. I think we would have to sell in order make this work.
Haven’t made a big transition like this before.
Please share your experiences and thoughts.
We also plan on visiting and doing lots of research first.

DelbertKorte

Fri Apr 12, 2024 12:50 pm

Unless you know the area really well I recommend you sell your current home and rent for a year. It will give you time to find a neighborhood and home that is a good fit. I’d get jobs before moving.

ebarinu

Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:36 pm

Moving to a new state can be both exciting and daunting! When it comes to purchasing a new home in a different state, the process can vary. Typically, you'll want to visit the area first to get a feel for the neighborhoods and job market. It's a good idea to have a job lined up or at least a solid plan for employment before buying a home, as this can help demonstrate financial stability to lenders.
For your move, consider reaching out to TX movers. They can help you navigate the logistics of moving to Texas and ensure a smooth transition. Doing lots of research and visiting the area beforehand is a great approach!

• Information