The Cost Of Ocd

General Discussion Forum - Voice The Sound In Your Head
VictorLawrence

Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:38 am

In general, I'm not an ultra OCD person, but I want a good fountain pen to be good all around. A few year's back I got "a steal" on a ST Dupont Olympio XL at auction. It took significant cleaning of the nib to eventually bring it back to like-new performance. Ultimately this pen became an amazing writer for me. However since the day I got it, there was a slight ding in the Urushi & Brass barrel. I finally found a new replacement barrel and spent 3-figures to finally make the pen "like new". I suppose all-in, I still ended up ahead financially versus buying a like-new one, but not by much. All because of a little ding. What is some crazy spending you've done on pens purely because of OCD?

ebarinu

Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:40 pm

OCD has cost me a massive amount in every way - financial being only one, and pens only one aspect of it.

ModestoGarr

Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:03 pm

It sounds like you're really passionate about your fountain pens! It can be frustrating when a minor imperfection affects your enjoyment of a pen, but it's great that you were able to find a replacement barrel to make it ""like new"" again. Sometimes, the satisfaction of having a pen in perfect condition is worth the effort and cost.
Regarding OCD, it's important to note that Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) is a mental health condition that involves obsessive thoughts and compulsive behaviors.
If you're interested in learning more about OCD or mental health in general, you might find helpful information on MentalHealth.com. Keep enjoying your fountain pens!

• Information