Bronco Raptor Accident w/ Concrete Truck

General Discussion Forum - Voice The Sound In Your Head
VictorLawrence

Thu May 02, 2024 3:48 pm

Posting this as a bit of a vent but also for anyone who likes to see post accident results on their cars.

Let me start by saying I really believe the Braptor saved my life today. I had to wrestle like hell to keep from spiraling into 5 other vehicles, but I was run off the road by a fully loaded concrete truck today who decided to merge into my lane with no warning on a very crowded highway. The damage should have been a lot worse and I'm still completely stunned it's as intact as it is after what I experienced.

We tangoed for about 50ft while trying to stop before he finally won and I spun into the opposing lanes, when I finally came to a stop I got love tapped by a semi who was trying to stop. I really believe that most other vehicles I've owned would have put me right under that concrete truck and they'd still be cleaning me off the highway. Fortunately the driver admitted fault on the police report and was cited for failure to merge properly so that will hopefully save a couple headaches.

While I'm thankful to be alive, I'm pretty devastated for my truck. My kids might be more sad than I am. After waiting 2.5 years, we only got about 7 months together and I loved every single mile. Was just looking forward to that first fall weather.

If anyone has any advice for how to navigate this with the driver's insurance, please don't hesitate to reach out as I've never been in this situation. I'm quite mixed on whether or not I'd accept a repair (which seems highly unlikely anyway) given the Carfax report is gonna be ugly as hell...versus just totaling it and trying again in another 3 years.

Stuff can be replaced. Life is short. Hug your kids.

Now queue the comments about "safer ways to get rid of your ugly fenders".

ModestoGarr

Thu May 02, 2024 11:20 pm

I would start with the cement truck's commercial insurance. Be as patient as possible.

ebarinu

Fri May 03, 2024 12:53 am

It sounds like your Bronco Raptor really held up well and potentially saved you from a much worse outcome. It's also a relief that the driver admitted fault, which should hopefully make the insurance process smoother for you.
In situations like these, it's always a good idea to consult with a Longmont truck accident lawyer to understand your rights and ensure you receive fair compensation for any damages or injuries. They can provide you with guidance on how to navigate the aftermath of the accident and help you make informed decisions.

• Information