INSIDER 1.7.6 Released

General Discussion Forum - Voice The Sound In Your Head
old_emu

Wed Jan 06, 2016 4:23 pm

lurkalot wrote:Ok, a quick update to my above post. After uninstalling and reinstalling Silverlight I still had the same problem. So doing search I discovered this on Microsoft's support site. How to clean a corrupted Silverlight installation and then reinstall Silverlight

Let the tool do it's work, rebooted and now it's working as expected. :D

Dear lurkalot!
I did this already before my last post. Encouraged by your success I tried it again. After a few attempts without any positive effect. After several efforts, including installing an older silverfast 4 version (whith which insider is not running). After several uninstallations and a last new installation of the up to date version of silverlight, suddenly it works. No idea why, but thanks a lot for your inspiration to try it again. :D

old_emu

Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:20 pm

Hello Again!

Well, unfortunately it´s not over. Today I had the Silverlight out-of-browser failure again. But not when trying to klick on details in the patch community, but when using the audio-section and running the Metronom. Crazy, it runs 10 seconds and then silverlight crashes and the insider sotware stops working.

Wow!

This looks like a real problem of insider working with silverlight, isn´t it?

New ideas for solving this??

smallfacesmikey

Sun Jan 17, 2016 8:17 pm

Hi - looking for help. Running Windows 10 with latest version of Insider and Silverlight but can't get connected to my IDCore 10. Does Insider work on Windows 10?

Thanks

Michael

sir riff a lot

Mon Jan 18, 2016 1:01 pm

just downloaded insider and silverlight
whenever I try to open insider a warning comes up immediately saying "Blackstar insider server has stopped working" Then the insider software opens , but it wont connect to my amp when I plug it in.

so I shut down insider and then another warning comes up "microsoft silverlight out of browser launcher has stopped working"

I have tried un-installing and re-installing both items with no luck

what do I do ?

DanyAFS

Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:23 pm

Edit: Updated it and everything went fine.

Everything seems to be working good too. Tried the Audio Modes since some of you reported problems, but they are working just fine for me.

jooldi

Sat Feb 06, 2016 12:17 pm

Hi, i made reinstall of my system yesterday and since then, Insider won't work anymore! Despite the fact that before i never had any problem.
Everything is up to date, from Windows to Silverlight and each time i try to start Insider i have an error message and my amp is not detect.
Does Blackstar will made an update for this?
The fact is i need to set the amp to send separate signal from emulated output and this can only be done through Insider... otherwise its stereo signal!

I tried also a previous version of Insider (1.6.2) and its the same!

Any idea??

edwberger

Sat Feb 06, 2016 9:12 pm

Since it does not work with both versions of insider, I'd have to guess the operating system didn't install the device driver properly, or you plugged into an incompatible USB port (sometimes plugging into another port fixes things by using a different chip internally)....

Normally when an amp is first connected to USB and powered up, a little OS popup window comes up saying "installing device drivers click for details" in a few minutes it should be completed and you should see it listing...
"USB Composite Device Ready to use"
"USB Input Device Ready to use"
"IDCore Amplifier Ready to use" (my IDcore 20)

So I'd load up the device manager and see if its there, and if it thinks its OK. If there are any "unknown" devices you should probably get their drivers.
jooldi wrote:each time i try to start Insider i have an error message and my amp is not detect.
Does Blackstar will made an update for this?

I tried also a previous version of Insider (1.6.2) and its the same!

Any idea??

jooldi

Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:56 am

Hi edwberger,
i tried to connect the amp an another USB port.
And after a reboot, i dont know why, in fact i see the popup saying that driver is installed! :)
Then I simply change USB port, because the one i use for test is not convenient in my setup, and Insider load and works properly and detect my amp! Yes!!!

Thanks for the tips! As usual it's always as simple as that!

cdroe67

Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:51 pm

I have 2 Blackstar ID series 10 and 60 watt. I upgraded the software and had my ID 10 connected via USB. After upgrade my amp will not work. It won't power up and now has become useless. I would have been really upset if the happened with my ID 60. Any ideas on what may have happened and how to fix this. Sucks because the amp is 4 months old.

Nos402

Fri Apr 01, 2016 8:16 pm

I've had nothing but issues with my ID30. I had to stop using the software as it it seemed to randomly change effects and effects parameters. I had 5 patches I had made on the amp, and so I imported them to my library. Did some more tweaking and synced to the amp but the effects and parameters were constantly being changed to wrong effects/values when I'd switch around patches.

• Information