Repair parts

General Discussion Forum - Voice The Sound In Your Head
GnLguy

Wed Mar 23, 2016 1:36 am

I'm the proud new owner of an ID Series 260 that I picked up on Ebay. Less than a year old and I got it for less than half price. I've been using an ID Core 20 for over a year and have been so impressed that i couldn't pass up the deal of the 260.

Unfortunately, the previous owner didn't have the original box and it was damaged in shipment. Of course, FedEx says that it wasn't properly packed so they won't pay for the repair.

The only damage is the shaft is broken on 6 position front panel switch to choose the different output tubes. I'll probably never need to use it since you can use the software to do that but I would like to have it in working order

Are repair parts available and if so, who do I contact? I was a repair tech for over 20 years and this should be an easy fix, as long as it isn't a surface mount type of switch.

Thanks in advance

thephantum

Fri Mar 25, 2016 1:12 am

Ferhoodled

Fri Mar 25, 2016 9:30 pm

I'm new to the blackstar community and also a first time tube amp owner, so far I love the sound and the look of the amp .

I got my hands on a mint blackstar ht club 40 and I'm having trouble with clarity of the amp especially on the distortion channel-- sounds muddy almost restricted. Even with the treble cranked.

Possibly needs new tubes???

Thanks in advance

• Information