My effects loop only works with certain pedals - HT-40

General Discussion Forum - Voice The Sound In Your Head
BoLovesApples

Fri May 06, 2016 6:16 pm

Having a problem with my HT-40 effects loop and just wanted to see if anyone else out there had experienced this / found a way to fix the issue on their own.

I have three pedals I typically run through the loop: digital looper, delay and a reverb. With all three lined up to run through the looper at the end back into the amp, I can get a bypass signal from my guitar to play through the amp. I can also record on the looper to then get it to play on the amp. However, engaging the delay or the reverb shuts down the whole line; no audio comes out, from the guitar or the looper.

With just the looper in place (no other pedals in the effects loop) everything works fine. However, if I only use the reverb pedal in the effects loop same issue, the amp shuts off and no sound comes through. Same with the delay, by itself in the effects loop, engaging it stops all sound coming through.

Has anyone else experienced this? Am I f*cking crazy? I've done the standard check all the cables, switch guitars, different wall outlets, all produce the same issue. Is there some kind of signal that's overloading the effects loop causing it to shut off?

8len8

Mon May 09, 2016 11:11 pm

How are the effects powered? If by AC adapter, try using batteries to isolate the power. Have you looked at the data sheets for the input and output impedance of each effect? Some effects don't play well with others because they have low input impedance or high output impedance.

BoLovesApples

Wed May 11, 2016 5:48 pm

8len8 wrote:How are the effects powered? If by AC adapter, try using batteries to isolate the power. Have you looked at the data sheets for the input and output impedance of each effect? Some effects don't play well with others because they have low input impedance or high output impedance.
I use this 1 Spot DC power supply with an extended chain, so no AC there.
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Visual-Soun ... Adapter.gc

I will say though that the looper is not on the same chain, it has it's own separate power cable I've been using. Maybe I should double check that guy and make sure it's the same type of energy source for the effect loop chain. However, isolating the DC powered reverb pedal in the Effects loop still stops the audio from coming through.

It's just weird because my setup was working for the longest time very well, but only recently it stopped.

VENTGtr

Mon Aug 15, 2016 3:51 pm

Have you tried the Effects Loop Level button? The HTs don't necessarily like some Delays, etc. I have a Boss DD7 in my chain, and in one of the settings, had some issues. Switched that to the other setting, has worked fine since (Few years now).

• Information