SERIES ONE 100 vs ARTISAN 100

General Discussion Forum - Voice The Sound In Your Head
musso

Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:20 pm

hi there,

just registered to get your opinion on these two amps. i already have a (really heavy :lol:) artisan 412A cabinet. now im into buying a new amp so i cant decide between artisan (which i already heard from a reliable source would fit my needs) and the series one. now the reason why i dont simply buy the artisan right away is i got the feeling the series one amps are replacing the artisan series. i live in a big city, munich, but not a single store here has these amps in stock, so i cant try them out... so basically my question is, can series one 100 give me all artisan 100 can give me? shredding, fat tube sound, all that stuff... thx for your opinions.

KKND

Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:11 pm

Hello there, well the S1 100 and the Artisan 100 are in two different leagues. The Artisan is premium hand wired vintage sounding and looking amp with no bells and whistles, no channel switching, no fx loop no master volume etc etc

The S1 is a modern premium amp with all the toys n features u can dream of, multi channel, fx loop, attenuator for tube saturation at "kids are sleeping" level etc etc

so think of your self as in what style do you play, what guitars you have and what are the purposes (gigs, home recording, bedroom playing). I tried an S1 and it was super for rock, blues and cleans but not for heavy metal, never tried an Artisan 100, but heard a guy plug a distorion pedal up front and it sounded great.

Nothing beats you trying them out your self.

The S1 are more versatile though especially they have a 4 channel/6mode version now.

All the best

• Information