Any Blackstar tech on here?

General Discussion Forum - Voice The Sound In Your Head
Pacemaker1000

Thu Feb 09, 2017 6:07 pm

Just asking because it's a very quiet board. Would expect at least replies from them when the community fails

ragingplatypi

Thu Feb 09, 2017 6:15 pm

I'm wondering the same thing.

budgie60

Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:58 pm

you would think they would look after their customers, shameful lack of support from blackstar :roll:

Arcadio

Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:57 pm

They do provide a free forum for us to blabber on, so there's that. :idea:

lurkalot

Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:56 am

I also think they should make an appearance occasionally, might help spread a bit of confidence in their products
Arcadio wrote:They do provide a free forum for us to blabber on, so there's that. :idea:
So do I as it happens. ;)

Jimdurkin

Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:35 pm

im with you on this.

illini

Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:16 pm

Come on Blackstar. You have some users who really like your product, however you are getting a very bad reputation when it come to support of your product. There are some people on this site that need some help with their amps..........help them out.

8len8

Sun Feb 12, 2017 3:47 pm

For any company, they rarely look at forums. Blackstar has chosen to have a business model where they rely on 3rd parties (local authorized techs) to handle their support. If you had a business like theirs would you hire extra people just to scan forums and answer questions? They probably cannot afford that.

I've been buying and using guitar gear for 30+ year and have almost never seen a company with a forum where they answered questions.

Service support is a huge thing. Before you purchase a product always review how the manufacturer provides support. If you don't like their methods then don't buy their products.

Sonofarich

Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:44 am

8len8 wrote:For any company, they rarely look at forums. Blackstar has chosen to have a business model where they rely on 3rd parties (local authorized techs) to handle their support. If you had a business like theirs would you hire extra people just to scan forums and answer questions? They probably cannot afford that.

I've been buying and using guitar gear for 30+ year and have almost never seen a company with a forum where they answered questions.

Service support is a huge thing. Before you purchase a product always review how the manufacturer provides support. If you don't like their methods then don't buy their products.
Thanks 8len8 for providing a reality check for everyone. You nailed the typical business model.

Heck, BS doesn't pay me to moderate this forum...I do it for the faithful and to have a place to discuss the products.

ragingplatypi

Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:38 pm

I agree that most companies are not very interactive on their boards, but it's really nice when they are. It's always nice when folks with a lot of experience with a company are active. I wouldn't expect a company to get too technical with advice, but I assume they're looking at the boards to hear feedback on their products. It would be nice to have an acknowledgement when they do drop by.

• Information