The Pedalboard Thread!

General Discussion Forum - Voice The Sound In Your Head
OzStrat

Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:59 am

4-Reverb (.....?)

The new Hardwire reverb pedal is a cracker. The other guitarist in my band bought one as soon as he heard mine. I originally bought the Boss Fender reverb and took it back. The Hardwire eats it alive, and is cheaper!

KKND

Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:01 am

Thanks, i have been looking at the hardwire Pedals.........well looks like an option.
Thanks alot :D

Ettery

Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:42 am

since this is a pedalboard thread..
what pedalboard should i get as a first pedalboard? i only have a polytuner, badmonkey and crybaby wah at the mo but i intend on getting an MXR 6b eq pedal and maybe a delay in the future.. i was thinking of getting a boss BCB60 (http://www.andertons.co.uk/electric-gui ... -board.asp) since it can house around 7 boss-sized pedals and comes with leads, and can power 7 pedals, this seems a good option since i hate tearing through batteries.. does anyone else have any recommendations? :)

KKND

Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:20 am

Ettery wrote:since this is a pedalboard thread..
what pedalboard should i get as a first pedalboard? i only have a polytuner, badmonkey and crybaby wah at the mo but i intend on getting an MXR 6b eq pedal and maybe a delay in the future.. i was thinking of getting a boss BCB60 (http://www.andertons.co.uk/electric-gui ... -board.asp) since it can house around 7 boss-sized pedals and comes with leads, and can power 7 pedals, this seems a good option since i hate tearing through batteries.. does anyone else have any recommendations? :)
Well, how about non powered pedal boards and get a saperate pedal power supply (Voodoo labs or dunlop DC Brick).....check the pedal train pedal boards, i personally like them.

Ettery

Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:33 pm

KKND wrote:
Well, how about non powered pedal boards and get a saperate pedal power supply (Voodoo labs or dunlop DC Brick).....check the pedal train pedal boards, i personally like them.
Yeah but that'd cost me well over £150 then..
or i could just get a power supply for my pedals and not bother with a board, since it would be mainly for home use as i play bass in my band, and i only currently have my tuner for that..

KKND

Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:49 am

Ettery wrote:
KKND wrote:
Yeah but that'd cost me well over £150 then..
or i could just get a power supply for my pedals and not bother with a board, since it would be mainly for home use as i play bass in my band, and i only currently have my tuner for that..
I guess so, if it is for home use, a power supply and a 18mm thick plywood plank would do :D

Toon

Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:19 pm

KKND wrote:
Ettery wrote:
KKND wrote: I would highly recommend the Diago pedalboards. Great value, great velcro "floor" and available in 3 sizes. Have a look at http://www.diago.co.uk/pedal-boards/pedal-boards/

Here's mine

Guitar Goober

Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:52 pm

Ettery wrote:Yeah but that'd cost me well over £150 then..
KKND wrote:I guess so, if it is for home use, a power supply and a 18mm thick plywood plank would do :D
My first board I built for around £15 (without including the case), and that was just for velcro. I used an offcut of wood and some rubber feet I had lying around. Bought a Diago powerstation to power it (around £65 at the time).

I'd say a good quiet power supply is more important than the board itself.

jshaffer23

Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:43 am

Here's my board after getting all the new stuff added this week. I built the actual board myself for around $30 8) I added a TC Nova Delay, TC Polytune, Hardwire CM-2 Overdrive, BBE Supa-Charger power supply. I am VERY happy with this set up!!!!
The light show :shock: :D

KKND

Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:17 am

AWESOME J, you built it your self.... Image okay ...how would you like me to pay sir? make mine matt black with Harley Davidson and Metallica graphix 8)

• Information