Incoming: Super Fly!

General Discussion Forum - Voice The Sound In Your Head
Bsman

Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:28 pm

https://youtu.be/-cmo6MRYf5g

I've been casting around lately for a useful acoustic + voice amp for a variety of upcoming engagements and was most interested in the release of the Super Fly last fall but, there has been so little followup after the flurry of articles in various sites and mags that I've been a bit hesitant to dip a toe in. I've seen very few reviews by actual users of this little thing. I was initially looking at a Fishman Loudbox Mini (I have had one of these, as well as its big brother - the 180-watt Performer) - but the mini charge is over $500, and I am a little leery of rechargeable batteries buried deep inside of electronics that would be difficult for me to repair/change as needed. Also, quite frankly, I don't really need a lot of power. These days, I'm not habitually playing in front of audiences of any size, but rather tend to play out mostly at family events, etc.

Therefore, yesterday, I decided to go ahead - I got a deal on a NOS Super Fly with the gig bag, power supply, power bank, and stand adapter for $265 and couldn't say no for that price. Since I'm currently a heavy user of little Blackstars (I have a Fly 3 pack, an ID:Core Beam, and an HT-1 combo) I figured I can't go too far wrong! I really like the fact that it's voiced for electric as well as acoustic (although I have successfully played through a Fishman with an electric, using a Tech 21 RK5 as a preamp). I'll try and post a fairly detailed review after I've received amp and had a little time to put it through its paces, but am also curious to see if anybody on this board has experience with it (there really is a paucity of user reviews on these things...)

Maxmurman

Wed Jun 30, 2021 1:31 pm

Good day. Can you please tell me, I bought a "Blackstar super fly" combo amplifier, but I got the following problem. When the "Blackstar super fly" is turned on from the mains or batteries, hum or noise is heard from the speakers. The background, noise is not very loud, but it is felt by ear. Volume knobs and other controls on the "Blackstar super fly" panel are set to zero (completely off). The guitar or microphone is not connected to the amplifier. It turns out that he himself makes a little noise. Is this normal, should it be, or is a little noise a malfunction? You've got this kind of buzz on "Blackstar super fly". Thank you.

• Information