White noise Silverline deluxe problem!

General Discussion Forum - Voice The Sound In Your Head
amjabloomblah

Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:27 pm

Hello all! I recently purchased a used silverline deluxe combo from musicians friend online. It was a good deal but was described as excellent condition with no issues whatsoever when I called in (even though it was on musicians friend it was at a guitar center location). It does look to be in excellent physical condition and sounds good, however when I turn it on it makes a fairly loud constant white noise like no signal on a television. This goes away as soon as I turn up the actual volume and make any noise through the guitar whatsoever. I have done a factory reset and updated to latest firmware but it's still happening. Does anyone have any experience or suggestions regarding how I could fix this problem? Thanks!

ricstrat93

Thu May 04, 2023 1:46 pm

Hello, I have a 50w special and I have the same problem. That's unfortunate

Misa9x

Thu May 11, 2023 8:03 am

Hello! Sorry to hear about the issue you're facing with your Silverline Deluxe Combo. It's unfortunate that the amp is producing a loud constant white noise when turned on. Try using different cables to rule out the possibility of a faulty cable causing the issue. Sometimes a faulty cable can introduce noise or interference.

Soulesti

Tue Jul 25, 2023 5:52 am

I have never had this happen before but you can report your problem to the person who sold it, they will have the right solution for you. hungry shark

mariahcarey

Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:43 am

Test the amp in different environments to see if the noise persists. Sometimes, external slope factors such as fluorescent lights or electronic devices can cause interference.

• Information