HT Club 40 MKII-Wait? What?

General Discussion Forum - Voice The Sound In Your Head
jason510

Sun Apr 24, 2022 3:37 am

Hi everyone. This is my first post (I registered while waiting for my first Blackstar Amp) and didn't think my first post would be this.

I bought my amp from a major online retailer and it came today. I unboxed it, got set up and was playing through the 4W option switching channels, dialing, etc. and all was well, until it wasn't. Without any warning, whatsoever, it powered off. It didn't pop or hiss, nothing, it was like someone pulled the plug because the red indicator light turned off. I had it plugged into a power strip, like I do with my Fender amp, along with a power supply for my Boss DS-1 pedal and a small desk fan. Both the pedal and fan continued to work as usual.

I plugged directly into the outlet bypassing the power strip and nothing. I tried two other outlets throughout the house and nothing. The only thing I could think of was checking the fuses. Both are fine. The amp is completely dead....no indicator light illuminated.

It's under warranty, but it's going to be a major PIA to ship back. Am I a complete dweeb and missing something? Like I said, I was playing along and wasn't touching anything other than my guitar and whammo, gone. This happened less than 15 minutes into playing. I was playing my Ibanez with a Boss DS-1 inline (no effects loop). Both channels worked well as did reverb and the foot switch so I'm at a loss.

Thoughts?

• Information