HT Stage 60 Mark II - "Wah" sound on gain channels

General Discussion Forum - Voice The Sound In Your Head
mvortex1

Wed Aug 24, 2022 3:09 pm

Just got a HT Stage 60 Mark II 2x12" 60-watt Tube Combo Amp. I ran through the clean all the way through the overdrive channels at full power as well as limited. I got most everything dialed in, however I hear a distinct "wah" sound no matter what I try on high gain. I can reduce that a bit by turning the mid's way down but that also removes some of the punch and bass along with it. Tried several guitars from a Les Paul to a Jackson to a Ernie Ball, all sound unique but still have the same wah effect. So to clarify, imagine if you hooked up wah pedal, switched it on and pushed the pedal back to about 80% - that's what I'm talking about. Clean channel does NOT do this.

I have Fender 2 x 12 modeling amp that has the same Celestian speakers (seventy 80) and I also hear a similar effect on that amp. Is my hearing going wonky? Has anyone else noticed this? Maybe I should go through my studio rack and turn up the monitors to see if I still hear these ghosts in the machine.

Leuin

Thu Jun 08, 2023 2:49 am

Do you have the answer for it?papa's pizzeria

lindausa0106

Thu Dec 07, 2023 5:42 am

This amplifier uses two ECC83 and two EL34 tubes, providing a warm, rich, and detailed sound. The Clean and Overdrive channels can both produce high-quality sound suitable for a variety of music styles. watermelon game

Chill4x

Thu Dec 07, 2023 8:47 pm

That "wah" thing on high gain sounds annoying. I had a similar issue with my rig before, and messing with the mid's did help a bit, but like you said, it messes with the vibe. Tried messing with the EQ settings overall?

sarang

Tue Dec 26, 2023 9:32 am

mvortex1 wrote:
Wed Aug 24, 2022 3:09 pm
Just got a HT Stage 60 Mark II 2x12" 60-watt Tube Combo Amp. I ran through the clean all the way through the overdrive Snow Rider 3D channels at full power as well as limited. I got most everything dialed in, however I hear a distinct "wah" sound no matter what I try on high gain. I can reduce that a bit by turning the mid's way down but that also removes some of the punch and bass along with it. Tried several guitars from a Les Paul to a Jackson to a Ernie Ball, all sound unique but still have the same wah effect. So to clarify, imagine if you hooked up wah pedal, switched it on and pushed the pedal back to about 80% - that's what I'm talking about. Clean channel does NOT do this.

I have Fender 2 x 12 modeling amp that has the same Celestian speakers (seventy 80) and I also hear a similar effect on that amp. Is my hearing going wonky? Has anyone else noticed this? Maybe I should go through my studio rack and turn up the monitors to see if I still hear these ghosts in the machine.
The engineers at HT have truly excelled in infusing the gain channels with an authentic and responsive "Wah" effect. This feature not only adds a layer of expressiveness to the overall sound but also opens up new avenues for sonic exploration. The "Wah" on the HT Stage 60 Mark II doesn't just feel like an added effect; it becomes an integral part of the amp's personality.

jesse99

Fri Feb 02, 2024 5:49 am

From my point of view, Microphonic tubes can vibrate and create unwanted sounds, potentially contributing to the wah effect. You can try swapping the preamp Buckshot Roulette tubes one by one to see if the effect changes or disappears.

bekean

Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:46 am

Unlock your dream drift cars and conquer the streets in Drift hunters With UNITY engine power, experience unrivaled 3D physics for a seamless gameplay experience.

• Information