ht20 combo with htv112 cabinet? is it worth it?

General Discussion Forum - Voice The Sound In Your Head
Ardge

Mon May 09, 2011 10:49 pm

I drove through Ohio on the turnpike once. Seems like a nice city. I wish Rick Nash was a Blackhawk.

Good luck with your cab bro. Happy Birthday.

RJ

TBRO

Wed May 11, 2011 3:01 pm

Ardge you know anything about the HT boost pedal Blackstar makes? I was messing around with it at GC yesterday and ended up buyin it for $78 (they were selling for $179).. Added a lot of depth and puts another vavle in the chain.. I have not had a chance to try it with my h20 yet but it was awesome on the comprable tube amps they had on the floor at GC.. Has seperate Boost, bass and treble controls on it.. It really made everything sound full and fat.. Made the clean channel really sparkle and the Dirty channel break up with more full distortion.. I had the ts9 in my hand and after test driving both of them through a few tubes amps with comprable wattage and speakers went with the Boost pedal instead of the ts9.. Just wondering if you ever messed with this thing..

Tbro

Ardge

Thu May 19, 2011 8:21 am

I don't know anything about that pedal. How's it sound? How's your new cab? Happy birthday bro.

RJ

TBRO

Thu May 19, 2011 4:48 pm

Ardge,

The cab rocks.. i will post some pics.. I have not broke out the digital camera yet to get good pics but I love the cabinet.. Lot more beefy and loud! I played the thing with my drummer for the first time last night and it was perfect.. Cuts right over the drums.. The boost pedal if fantastic.. On the clean channel it will boost the tubes hard and adds pure overdrive.. A way different distortion channel can be creasted through the clean channel.. The pedal gives more bottom end and boosts the distorted channel and still keeps the notes seperate without sounding jumbled.. It adds another ec8883 valve to the mix.. The htboost also makes my other pedals sound better.. I am going to gig with my rig.. I hate to carry around a stack but I dont care.. It looks old school and I love the tones I get outa this setup.. I am so glad I got the cab.. I cannot wait to hear it through our pa all mic'd up and have a rock session.. I am still impressed by how deafeningly loud this little 20 can get, and now with the cab it is even better...

• Information