Blackstar Club 40 MKII - possible bad preamp

General Discussion Forum - Voice The Sound In Your Head
kenbob

Tue Aug 01, 2023 7:44 pm

I've had my Blackstar Club 40 MKII amp a few years, working perfectly, and today I turn it on and cannot produce any sound through the front input. There is a slight hiss coming through the speakers however. I leveled all the knobs, removed everything from the loop and still nothing. Plugged my guitar into the Return in the loop and can hear clean, crisp sound.

Any ideas that might help me troubleshoot was is wrong and if I can repair it myself?

rosawilliams

Wed Aug 16, 2023 9:25 am

kenbob wrote:
Tue Aug 01, 2023 7:44 pm
I've had my Blackstar Club 40 MKII amp a few yearsangry gran, working perfectly, and today I turn it on and cannot produce any sound through the front input. There is a slight hiss coming through the speakers however. I leveled all the knobs, removed everything from the loop and still nothing. Plugged my guitar into the Return in the loop and can hear clean, crisp sound.

Any ideas that might help me troubleshoot was is wrong and if I can repair it myself?
It sounds like you have a problem with the input jack or the preamp section of the amp, since you can get sound from the return jack of the loop. You can try to clean the input jack with some contact cleaner spray or a cotton swab dipped in alcohol. Sometimes dirt or oxidation can cause a bad connection and prevent the signal from reaching the amp.

• Information