Series one blowing fuses

General Discussion Forum - Voice The Sound In Your Head
Khshockey44

Thu Sep 28, 2023 5:36 am

I got a Series One 100 6L6 and it was playing fine and then blew the main fuse. I’m not new to working in electronics, but new to the Blackstar stuff. Does anyone have some guidance on where I should start looking within this thing to fixing it? Or where I can start trouble shooting? Thanks!

I pulled the power tubes and still same issue. I then pulled all tubes power and preamp and getting the same results.

Does anyone have any ideas where I should start testing now?

kblicker

Wed Oct 25, 2023 11:19 am

Since you're getting the same results with and without the tubes installed, that means the problem is most likely in the power supply or amp section.

Here are a few things you can check:

Check the power supply filter capacitors. These capacitors can fail over time, and when they do, it can cause a variety of problems, including blowing fuses.
Check the power supply diodes. These diodes also fail over time, and when they do, it can cause the power supply to malfunction, besides don't forget to enjoy basketball stars unblocked.
Check the output transistors. These transistors are responsible for amplifying the signal from the preamp section to the speaker. If a transistor fails, it can cause a variety of problems, including blowing fuses.
Check the speaker. It's also possible that the speaker is shorted, which could cause a fuse to blow.
If you're not comfortable troubleshooting the amp yourself, I recommend taking it to a qualified technician

KerryKen

Tue Oct 31, 2023 10:50 am

Thanks

sarang

Fri Nov 24, 2023 9:01 am

The most common cause of series one blowing fuses is classroom 6x a short circuit. This can be caused by a faulty appliance, a loose connection, or a damaged wire. If you see a blown fuse, it is important to investigate the cause immediately to prevent a fire.

Chill4x

Thu Dec 07, 2023 8:49 pm

Since tubes are out of the equation and it's still acting up, maybe check the power supply components? Caps or resistors might be throwing a tantrum. Could also be a faulty transformer.

annakena

Thu Mar 14, 2024 8:05 am

Thank you for sharing!

Wordletimes

Tue Mar 19, 2024 11:40 am

Wordle's popularity extends beyond casual gamers, attracting a diverse audience of word enthusiasts. Nyt wordle

• Information