Intermittent loss of sound

General Discussion Forum - Voice The Sound In Your Head
mike gabbott

Thu Oct 05, 2023 12:07 am

Hi, I recent bought a Core ID 100 secondhand but in very good condition. I love the amp, but I occasionally get intermittent losses of sound. These don’t have a particular pattern, but it probably happens 2 or 3 times if I use the amp for an hour, on average. The sound loss is for no longer than 2 or three seconds before returning to normal, and seems to happen a couple of times in succession when it occurs. I usually use the two clean voicings and the crunch channel. Has anyone any ideas on what it could be and are there any fixes for it.
Thanks in advance for your input

abagail

Wed Oct 25, 2023 9:38 am

It's possible that there is a problem with the input or output jacks on your Core ID 100. If the jacks are loose or not making good contact, it can cause intermittent loss of sound. You can try cleaning the jacks with a contact cleaner spray or by plugging a cable into the jacks and moving it around to try to make better contact.

Another possibility is that there is a problem with the internal wiring of the amp. If a wire is loose or damaged, it can also cause intermittent loss of sound of super mario 64. This is a more complex problem to fix, and it's best to take the amp to a qualified technician if you suspect that this is the case.

Here are some things you can try:

- Make sure that the amp is properly grounded. A bad ground can cause all sorts of problems, including intermittent loss of sound.
- Try using different cables. It's possible that one of your cables is damaged and causing the problem.
- Try using the amp in a different location. If you're using the amp in a noisy electrical environment, it could be causing interference.
- Try resetting the amp to factory defaults. This may fix any minor software glitches that could be causing the problem.

mike gabbott

Thu Oct 26, 2023 4:55 pm

Hi, thanks for your response, I look into it

• Information