ARTISAN 15 combo channel two not working

General Discussion Forum - Voice The Sound In Your Head
lifeontheverge

Thu May 05, 2011 4:29 am

The EF86 tube lights up but not very brightly. The channel one volume rocks, but channel two can't even be heard unless the volume is all the way up. It's on the way to the shop next week - just wondering if it sounds familiar to anyone. I've already replaced the EF86.

lifeontheverge

Tue May 10, 2011 3:42 am

I got the exact same same problem. Let me know what you find out.

TACOHELL

Fri May 20, 2011 6:41 pm

lifeontheverge wrote:I got the exact same same problem. Let me know what you find out.
I purchased it and both fuses blew. I was playing with the volume at about 12 on both sides....got really ratty then started cracklin like a bubblepop p0rn session. Then dead.
Took it to my Amp Guy and he said that the power tube was hosed and replaced it, traced back through the amp and found a couple questionable solders. Just got it to the jam place and it seems fine. I got to admit, the quality of the amp when he had it opened was pretty nice, good to see no printed boards :)

lifeontheverge

Sun May 29, 2011 2:27 pm

Thanks man. I let my guy look at it and it started working for him - but he didn't do anything to it. I played it for a week or so and man that EF-86 channel is awesome! But last night - during a gig - dead on the opening lead bend for Turn the Page the dang thing died again! So - back to the shop it goes. It's probably is just a bad solder joint somewhere. Let me know if you learn anything else about these issues. Thx again!

• Information