Red Witch Pedals

General Discussion Forum - Voice The Sound In Your Head
mantermite

Mon May 16, 2011 9:12 pm

Hey tech guru's, thinking of putting a Red Witch Deluxe Moon Phaser in the mix, went pedal hunting on the net and the sounds out of this pedal were nice.... Even had the wife nodding her head to the sound of them.

Anybody here used any of the Red Witch pedals, bit pricy over here in NZ but since I got my HT Stage 60 I only want to make it sound great not cheap with pedals!!!!

Cheers

majikmojo

Tue May 17, 2011 12:13 pm

have never used one but i like it!!

i would be very interested in trying one of those - i like the idea or tremelo and phase being blended in one pedal
very interesting in how the knobs work in reverse to most pedals with the increase going from right to left

this is a dealer for those in jacksonville florida - i may have to check that out - thanks for turning me on to that ;)

mantermite

Tue May 17, 2011 12:16 pm

majikmojo wrote:have never used one but i like it!!

i would be very interested in trying one of those - i like the idea or tremelo and phase being blended in one pedal
very interesting in how the knobs work in reverse to most pedals with the increase going from right to left

this is a dealer for those in jacksonville florida - i may have to check that out - thanks for turning me on to that ;)
Chop chop go buy one and tell me what it sounds like!!!!! :P

May be I can interest you in the Ice 9 Vox pedal, it's a Joe Satriani spec pedal but does an awesome overdrive tone.

Anyway I better go to my local and try this pedal out if they have it in stock.

Cheers Majik

majikmojo

Tue May 17, 2011 12:21 pm

good to go with my drive tones manter...but always interested in unique time based effects
i didnt check prices yet but i expect its up there a little - seems like a quaslity unit though - i dont mind paying for
well built gear - i will defenitely try it on y next run up the coast here in florida

mantermite

Tue May 17, 2011 12:23 pm

majikmojo wrote:good to go with my drive tones manter...but always interested in unique time based effects
i didnt check prices yet but i expect its up there a little - seems like a quaslity unit though - i dont mind paying for
well built gear - i will defenitely try it on y next run up the coast here in florida
I'm still looking for a delay pedal that gives me the right feeling. Electro Harmonic is on my books, but I tried the MXR Carbon Copy and for basic settings it's damn nice.

Any suggestions I should look into?

majikmojo

Tue May 17, 2011 1:38 pm

manter - ive been using a Boss DD3 for years for my delay - it does the job just fine for what i play - its sturdy,reliable and inexpensive
i use several boss pedals - blues driver,chorus,

i'm sure there are many boutique pedals out there that may sound better but i tend to stay with boss for the basic effects because they have worked well with all of my amps and they are quiet as well - truthfully my pedal usage has diminished somewhat with blackstar especially on the drive side
my real interest lately has been on time based effects - why i'm interested in that witch pedal - btw its 300 dollars over here (ouch!) :lol:

mantermite

Wed May 18, 2011 12:58 am

majikmojo wrote:manter - ive been using a Boss DD3 for years for my delay - it does the job just fine for what i play - its sturdy,reliable and inexpensive
i use several boss pedals - blues driver,chorus,

i'm sure there are many boutique pedals out there that may sound better but i tend to stay with boss for the basic effects because they have worked well with all of my amps and they are quiet as well - truthfully my pedal usage has diminished somewhat with blackstar especially on the drive side
my real interest lately has been on time based effects - why i'm interested in that witch pedal - btw its 300 dollars over here (ouch!) :lol:
I just found out they are made here in New Zealand but still cost me $419 to walk in a shop and buy it. I can get it cheaper from America......depending on shipping costs!!!

Funny that.

I must admit I;ve gone off Chorus and find a flanger overly harsh, hence why the options with the Moon phaser is really nice.

majikmojo

Wed May 18, 2011 2:03 am

agree...flanger is too whooshie for me - sounds to fake and i dont really have a need for it for what im playing - but that Pink Floyd shimmer of the moon unit is really appealing and i do have a use for that glassy sound

ACYL

Fri May 27, 2011 8:36 am

I've got a Titan delay, it's pretty sweet piece of kit. Nothing but praise for it.

Red Witch customer service is great too, you feel like part of a family. I've played with the Moon Phaser too, and it's on my wish list for sure.

mantermite

Fri May 27, 2011 1:09 pm

ACYL wrote:I've got a Titan delay, it's pretty sweet piece of kit. Nothing but praise for it.

Red Witch customer service is great too, you feel like part of a family. I've played with the Moon Phaser too, and it's on my wish list for sure.
How are you finding the Titan, I'm intrigued but miss the fact it doesn't have a tap tempo option.

I'm looking at the MXR carbon copy for a nice ambient delay and the Vox Time Machine for the tap tempo.

*sigh* so many options...... Image

• Information