Red Witch Pedals

General Discussion Forum - Voice The Sound In Your Head
ACYL

Fri May 27, 2011 10:48 pm

mantermite wrote:
ACYL wrote:I've got a Titan delay, it's pretty sweet piece of kit. Nothing but praise for it.

Red Witch customer service is great too, you feel like part of a family. I've played with the Moon Phaser too, and it's on my wish list for sure.
How are you finding the Titan, I'm intrigued but miss the fact it doesn't have a tap tempo option.

I'm looking at the MXR carbon copy for a nice ambient delay and the Vox Time Machine for the tap tempo.

*sigh* so many options...... Image
Yeah, a tap tempo may have been nice, but the fact you can set three delays gives you some crazy syncopations. That's kept me entertained for ages.

Although if I had the funds I'd probably look at an Eventide TimeFactor. Those things are insane.

mantermite

Fri May 27, 2011 11:15 pm

Eventide would look good on the floor but then I couldn't justify the amount of effects.

I'm trying to be as minimalist as possible for the floor for the songs we do. I just sold my Line 6 POD X3 live

Phaser, Boost, Compression, 2 x delays ( 1 permanently set, 1 tap tempo) and a Whammy DT when it comes out.

Hopefully that sets me up. Or I learn to ignore everything else until I start making money out of the other gear!!!

ACYL

Sat May 28, 2011 12:46 am

Yeah, I worry that I'll end up being more of a tap dancer than a guitarist!

mantermite

Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:04 pm

Well it took me a wee while, but I am now the owner of the Red Witch Deluxe Moon Phaser AND on a whim I got myself the MXR Carbon Copy.

Money well spent and if I get myself in order and I might put some sounds down somewhere....

The Moon Phaser is awesome, you get the Dark Side Of The Moon feel straight away. Lots of settings but enough you can pick and choose one or two out that bag straight up...

The Carbon Copy with a bit of a fiddle and now sitting in my efx loop is juts more 'Dark Side Of The Moon'. I'm in ambient heaven......

Nice analogue and organic feels to both of the pedals. There are a lot of pedals we don't get in NZ so I am glad that some good juicy pedals shine through.

Right what next!!!! Wah or 2nd delay............

majikmojo

Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:05 am

damn manter i'm jealous - i really like that phaser is awesome - i just too many other things to spend the bucks on right now

ya gotta have a crybaby man :lol:

mantermite

Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:58 am

majikmojo wrote:damn manter i'm jealous - i really like that phaser is awesome - i just too many other things to spend the bucks on right now

ya gotta have a crybaby man :lol:
Hmmm Crybaby I was looking at but I like quote a dark tone to my Wah.... (I'm getting really finiky with pedals now..) So I was looking at the Jerry Cantrell signature crybaby, as it has that deep throat mid honk too it... Love his wah work.....

But I am also looking at the Satriani/Vox signature model as well. It has two settings (american and Brit wah sound) and a slight distortion boost selectable on both for kicking in the wah with a solo. ALl can be reasonable controlled with a quick tap of the foot.

I'm not a kick it and go player, I leave that for our lead guitarist, but more of a sounds man, I like to get a good tone and have a few options now and then for that extra special moment....

Still looking but those two are top of my list at the moment....

majikmojo

Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:16 pm

i use the crybaby 535Q and i love it - has some contols to it

VENTGtr

Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:47 am

I'm actually looking at maybe getting a new Phaser now. Coupl'a tunes we do I'm wanting that vibe. Have an old DOD from 1990 and...some other one somewhere or other. Forget what kind it is.

Liking the MXR 100, or mebbe even going for the classic 90.

ElectroHarmonix has a Nano that looks pretty cool, also.

Considering it'll be used on 2 or 3 tunes, the idea of getting a boutique-type seems a not-necessary move.

Actually, Majik, and it's all personal taste and what/where something applies, but I've always dug Flanger. Granted, the one on my board I've never thought of as great... Was a stop gap between a "better" one used to use and a replacement for it...but has been on there since '93/'94. So...guess must not mind it so much.

Wah, I use a standard CryBaby nowadays. ACTUALLY, and it surprised me, the Wah I liked the best was on a Line6 floor controller (FBV4?). Don't know why, but the sweep, sound, etc. I really thought was good.

I also have been using a Boss DD3 for a couple of years now. Went through a couple of more expensive delays (Switches went) and decided it would work fine, and is a solid box that'll be around for years.

Lastly, DANG, I WANT THE MARKETING COORDINATOR JOB AT BLACKSTAR! :)

majikmojo

Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:09 pm

vent - i just havent tried enough flangers i guess to find one i like - they all sound too swooshie for me -
plus i really wouldnt use it must - maybe a couple of tunes

the witch pedal is pricey but damn that thing sounds sooo good - byfar one of the best i've ever heard
i use the same delay you do and yes its bulletproof and suites me just fine - i dont use huge amounts of delay anyway

its going to take more than 1 person to market BS over here - i'll take the east coast - you take the west coast :lol:

VENTGtr

Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:21 am

majikmojo wrote:vent - i just havent tried enough flangers i guess to find one i like - they all sound too swooshie for me -
plus i really wouldnt use it must - maybe a couple of tunes

the witch pedal is pricey but damn that thing sounds sooo good - byfar one of the best i've ever heard
i use the same delay you do and yes its bulletproof and suites me just fine - i dont use huge amounts of delay anyway
Ya, I'm like that with most effects as well. LOVE the things, but don't use them all that much. Kind of a "special spot" thing to make it more effective. LOVE Delay, but in our old setlist, normally almost 50 tunes a night, I'd use it on...geez...6 or 7.

Actually, I use to use Chorus pretty sparingly. Either on clean stuff or to mellow out driven stuff. On the new material, that thing is on a lot. Suits it.
majikmojo wrote:
its going to take more than 1 person to market BS over here - i'll take the east coast - you take the west coast :lol:
SO, I guess I'm relocating out West... Well, if it's to Portland or Seattle, I'm fine with it. ACTUALLY, I was considering a move 'cross the Atlantic....but am open...

• Information