S1 Cab question.

THE NEW #1. Series One Amplifiers.
Solenoid

Sat Jul 10, 2010 1:22 pm

Hi, I recently moved my blackstar cab to right next to my desk, and being closer to the cab (1 year old) made me notice something.
when i'm playing my guitar (w/ active p.u.'s [if that could be of any importance to the question]) and i strum a string hard there's an impurity/noise/crunchy sound coming along with it, i first thought it was the cab, but if I turn up the volume of my amp (Marshall 100HDFX) and i strum normally, there is no crunch with the sound, and again, if I strum harder, the crunch is back..

Now; is the problem the head or the cab?
Because if it is the head it won't be a big problem because i'm getting a new one at the end of the summer :)

If it's the cab that would be a pain in the ass, because I would have to take the cab to the store (and that's one heavy mtrfkr to drag everywhere).

Solenoid

Sun Jul 11, 2010 4:16 pm

Solenoid wrote: Hi, I recently moved my blackstar cab to right next to my desk, and being closer to the cab (1 year old) made me notice something.
when i'm playing my guitar (w/ active p.u.'s [if that could be of any importance to the question]) and i strum a string hard there's an impurity/noise/crunchy sound coming along with it, i first thought it was the cab, but if I turn up the volume of my amp (Marshall 100HDFX) and i strum normally, there is no crunch with the sound, and again, if I strum harder, the crunch is back..

Now; is the problem the head or the cab?
Because if it is the head it won't be a big problem because i'm getting a new one at the end of the summer :)

If it's the cab that would be a pain in the ass, because I would have to take the cab to the store (and that's one heavy mtrfkr to drag everywhere).

Problem solved; it was a rookiemistake on the gainswitch on my clean channel..

KKND

Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:14 am

I am sorry, but wht are you using a Marshall MG series head with an S1 cab?

Solenoid

Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:45 pm

KKND wrote:I am sorry, but wht are you using a Marshall MG series head with an S1 cab?
1) Marshall cabs aren't that good

2) I like it's sound

3) I'm 17 -> it takes a while to get a decent amount of money to get an expensive amp.
If it could comfort you, i'm buying a JVM 410H at the end of the summer.

KKND

Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:26 am

Hi, i appreciate your honesty and please dont get offended, all i meant from my question is that the S1 cab is like SUPER AWESOME and i personally believe that the MG100HDFX is not a good amp....had it
Now the JVM 410H.....i would kill a man for that :twisted:

rock on bro.......

Solenoid

Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:37 am

KKND wrote:Hi, i appreciate your honesty and please dont get offended, all i meant from my question is that the S1 cab is like SUPER AWESOME and i personally believe that the MG100HDFX is not a good amp....had it

rock on bro.......
well, to be honest, the MG100HDFX's tone never let me down :P i just need to find another amp because due to touring and such, the thing is falling apart (knobs breaking, etc..). and yes, the 410H is an amp to kill for :P

Killing a man would be a lot easier than getting 1350€ though :P

Solenoid

Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:39 pm

KKND wrote:Hi, i appreciate your honesty and please dont get offended, all i meant from my question is that the S1 cab is like SUPER AWESOME and i personally believe that the MG100HDFX is not a good amp....had it

rock on bro.......

Cheers!

Ettery

Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:26 pm

Solenoid wrote:

rock on bro.......

Cheers!
:shock:

sah-weeeett!

• Information