Series One 45 combo or Series One 100 head with 412A cabinet?

THE NEW #1. Series One Amplifiers.
toni.daredevil

Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:37 pm

That's my doubt: Series One 45 combo or Series One 100 head with 412A cabinet?

I need to know which amp from the above mentioned suits the best to achieve all of these tones (yes, everyone of them... I need... It's a hard job but... ; )

British 70's rock (Hendrix, Clapton, etc). Smooth overdrive (yeeah, I've alreaady got a Tube screamer).
Nowadays bands: Stone Riders or The Answer "sort of" sound.
Rage against the machine Tom Morello's riffs. Great distortion sound, "go for it" attitude, sort of Van Halen or Zakk Wylde solos.
David Gilmour soloist (and heavenly) tone (I'm aware that's the hardest one to find, which requires a clean sound plus a several thousands of euros boutique pedalboard, etc but just to let you know everything I'm seeking for from the amp).
Marillion's Steve Rothery clean tones.
And so on...

It would be used to play at rehearsals and gigs, not to play at home (I've already got HT5 to practice at home: I love it!).

I see the price would be higher if I choose the Series ONE 45 combo.

Before you mention it, I can't go to the shop and give it a try because I live in Barcelona and unfortunately there are not a lot of BS amps at the shops, so I have to pay and order it without trying it first... I know... but I'm so glad with my HT Dual and with my HT-5 that I'll take the risk... That's why I need your advice! :D

Thanks for your help! I really need it and appreciate it if you answer ASAP, since I need the amp the sooner the best! Thanks again!
Toni

Superchampable

Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:13 pm

I thought the 45 and 100 were the same amp except the neo celestions in the combo and the watts diffrence. The 200 has an extra channel you probably mixed up with the 100.

• Information