Series One Head with a ID Series Guitar Cab

THE NEW #1. Series One Amplifiers.
jame61

Sun Nov 13, 2016 2:28 pm

I currently own the ID 100 watt head and the ID Series 4X12 guitar cabinet. Although I think it sounds great and its well well worth the investment it lacks the warmth of real tubes. My question is can I use a Series One Head with the ID 4X12 guitar cab?

TheMonkii

Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:27 pm

Dude, you can use whatever cab you wish with the head. Just make sure the rating of the cab/speakers can handle the power you're gonna unleash on it. S1 has switchable ohm on the rear to help with this, but just don't expect it to sound as rich as S1 cab as it's got cheaper speakers voiced for a digital amp. ;)

Lobster

Wed May 27, 2020 8:52 pm

jame61 wrote:
Sun Nov 13, 2016 2:28 pm
I currently own the ID 100 watt head and the ID Series 4X12 guitar cabinet. Although I think it sounds great and its well well worth the investment it lacks the warmth of real tubes. My question is can I use a Series One Head with the ID 4X12 guitar cab?
I feel your pain mate!

The ID 100 cab is 4 Ohms, which is incompatible with most 8/16 Ohm heads. I re-wired mine to to run my HT5 through it, and it sounded fantastic. Only problem being, whenever I want to do this, I have to take 15 screws out and swap leads around. :D

I'd love to wire it to either a switch to change Ohms, or two sockets to take either 4 or 8 Ohms. Work in progress.

Im sure it's possible.

STIJ

Stellalucy0092

Mon Aug 23, 2021 3:58 pm

Usually I would just play whatever speaker comes with the amp, or with the cab, I never gave too much thought into changing it.

However, I've seen loads of people saying that obviously a better speaker would result in better tone. But I have no idea of where to start.

I use a Jet City JCA20H with a 112, with the stock Eminence speaker and the second amp, is a Phaez Sibly (currently on its way). I don't have a second cab for the Phaez yet but I was planning to buy a second JCA112. They are well built and solid in my opinion and I have no complaints about them.

The JCA and Phaez are 20 and 18 watts respectively and each have 8 and 16 ohm speaker outputs, (the Phaez also has a 4 ohm output). The stock speaker is 16 ohm.

How should I narrow my choices? its difficult to tell the variations in each speaker from youtube clips.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Information