First gig with Artisan 15 combo

HAND-CRAFTED TONE. Artisan Series Amplifiers.
The Wooj

Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:57 am

Hey folks. Had my Artisan 15 for a couple if weeks now and I've got my first gig tonight with another tomorrow night aswell. I used to have the ht40 but sold it to the lead guitarist in our band to buy the artisan. He used to have a line 6 spidervalve. At our last 2 practices I've been grinning ear to ear with our sound. He's now got a great lead tone and the crunchy rythmn tone I get from the a15 is killer. I'm hoping I don't blow a valve, still not had it long enough to see if it's a reliable work horse like my ht40 was but finger crossed.
I'll let you know how the gigs go.
Peace

The Wooj

Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:00 am

Just to add. At soundcheck last night I had it on 5 watt setting and volume at 9 o'clock. Man this thing is LOUD!!!

The Wooj

Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:48 am

Right, having played two gigs with this thing I'm realising how much the sound stands out. I can hear my crunchy rythmn tone through everything. The ist channel sounds unbelievable! I play les paul with jb bridge and jazz neck pups, with both pups selected and a touch if delay it's the clean I've always wanted. So much life, sparkle and body. It can overdrive pretty quick though if you want it too. Channel 2 which I use for my overdrive is very loud. I was asked to turn down at both gigs I played by the sound men, I ended up having the volume at 9 o'clock on the 5 watt setting. It sounded good but it needs to be cranked to where it sounds amazing. Might need to get a pedal to boost the od or become an ass and refuse to turn down ha ha. Anyway it's a killer amp and I can hear what I'm playing in the band mix which is great except I'm a sloppier player than I thought! Hope this helps for anyone thinking of buying one. Just to add I always played two channel amps before but this one ain't footswitchable. I get round this by having an a/b pedal plugged into input 1 and input 2 at the same time and it enables me to change channel perfectly. Enjoy your amps dudes.

KKND

Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:11 am

That combo is a killer amp. The tone was awesome.......Glad you are enjoying it.

AscottAudio

Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:35 pm

I am very glad to hear your info about the Artisan 15. I have had a HT60 for almost a year and love it to bits.

I started to look at the other blackstar amps and the artisan 15 looks like a great choice..the youtube demo I saw sounded amazing and I am glad you mentioned that you use an a/b box to switch channels as I was thinking that would be a necessary item.

I dont think I will sell my HT60 but an artisan 15 is on the agenda.

I also really like the HT5TH anniversary amp..

One problem here (Australia) atm seems to be a drop in blackstar supply.

Cheers.

• Information