Advice sought from Artisan 30 users on lead sounds

HAND-CRAFTED TONE. Artisan Series Amplifiers.
lucknow1856

Fri Jun 18, 2010 4:55 pm

Hi. I'm new to the forum but have been using the Artisan 30 combo for some time. I've also got the HT Boost pedal and last week got the HT Drive (to replace another well-kown overdrive, which I wasn't 100% happy with). I'm not in a band right now and would like to experiment with lead sounds a bit.

However, because I have 2 channels available, plus a combination of them, plus those pedals, there are a lot of options. So, I'm wondering if any Artisan 30 users have any suggestions for good settings for distorted sounds for 'rock' solos, using this gear. I'm mainly interested in a classic rock kind of sound but any good settings you've found for solos and general lead would be interesting, whatever style they suit.

For example , do you go into the clean channel and dirty things up with a pedal, or use Channel 2 and push the gain up?

I use a PRS EG4 (yeah a cheapie) with a double coil at the bridge and 2 singles for middle and neck. Other FX I could put in the chain are fairly standard: compressor-flange-chorus-noise gate- delay - reverb.

I'm particularly interested in getting good sounds without pushing the volume too high as I rarely play in anything bigger than a pub and these amps can get very loud.

thanx anyway

MusashiChan

Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:40 pm

When you have a good amp, the best way to have a massive and organic solo sound is just a boost....as clear as possible, from a crunch sound.
I use my artisan on the second channel, 2nd mode, and with the gain at 3/4 or more. If i want a clean, i use the guitar volume. If you want a solo, just use a good boost, transparent, to just overdrive the channel as you want.

The BB preamp from xotic is just perfect for this...

lucknow1856

Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:58 pm

Thanx - I'll give that a try but using the HT Boost rather than buy a BB pedal.

I've now noticed there is a settings thread on the forum (don't think it was there when I posted) so I'll look in there from now on for ideas.

Thanks again.

• Information