bringing the 100 alive

HAND-CRAFTED TONE. Artisan Series Amplifiers.
kwak14

Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:11 am

Just thought Id share this one with any other 100 head users.
The amp itself is great but damn its loud ! lol. Just tried fitting some
TAD Tonebones to the power stage and wow !!
if your using the amp for your main crunch tone its a must do the effect is reduces the
general output to 30 watts but you can really drive it ( without a power brake was using a thd but
that did take some tone away) the result is a snarling flat out plexi still loud but for your average gig
very usable seemed to have opened the dynamics of the amp up as well and best of all no biasing!

tiger

Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:06 pm

These amps NEED(!) to be cranked and boy do they sound great when you can get the power amp valves working hard! I've got the Artisan 30 combo and have found that a Dr Z Airbrake works really well with it. Once you get Channel 1 up to about half volume and with a humbucker guitar plugged into the high input it sounds amazing. Channel 2 is also brilliant, especially in Warm mode.

reyesx6

Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:46 pm

thanks for the advise. I have used these in a Hot Rod Deluxe and freaking loved them!!!. Have you tried using only 2 of them? I love this amp but wholly shit is she loud. Actually this is the first 100 watt amp that has been too loud in many applications. but when I am alone and able to crank it It is almost a religious experience.

toetappinbob

Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:09 pm

There is no tone comparable to burning a 100watt head. Your advice is very much appreciated; the Artisan100 is the most affordable way for me to achieve the old dimed JTM sound, and it gets cranked and burned weekly... now I can crank n burn at jam nites too.

Cheers for the advice. I run the Artisan100 as the dirty and a Marshall VM2466 as my dark, warm, clean. Love the Marshall VM but damn I have to dial down the Artisan to match... you've just solved the problem :)

toetappinbob

• Information