Alternative speakers for the Artisan 15

HAND-CRAFTED TONE. Artisan Series Amplifiers.
IM4Tone

Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:29 pm

Plustone wrote:
heynathb wrote:... also does anyone use there a15 with an A/B box?
Yes, I have an A/B box as part of my pedal board. One output goes into channel 1's high input and the other goes into channel 2's low input. I have them set up so that channel 1 provides a mellowish clean sound and channel 2 a more aggressive, biting sound. I used to have an A/B/Y box, but found I couldn't find a use for the 2 channels together and so I swapped it for the A/B, which takes up less room on the pedal board
When you switch channels w/ the A/B box while playing, is it quiet or do you get a "pop" sound. One reason I've steered away from the vintage, non-switchable 2 channel amps is due to an unconfirmed concern for noise resulting from the A/B switching. :?:

Plustone

Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:49 pm

IM4Tone wrote:When you switch channels w/ the A/B box while playing, is it quiet or do you get a "pop" sound. One reason I've steered away from the vintage, non-switchable 2 channel amps is due to an unconfirmed concern for noise resulting from the A/B switching. :?:
There's no noticeable noise. I suppose it may have something to do with the quality of the A/B switch.

IM4Tone

Sat Oct 29, 2011 5:36 pm

Plustone wrote:
IM4Tone wrote:When you switch channels w/ the A/B box while playing, is it quiet or do you get a "pop" sound. One reason I've steered away from the vintage, non-switchable 2 channel amps is due to an unconfirmed concern for noise resulting from the A/B switching. :?:
There's no noticeable noise. I suppose it may have something to do with the quality of the A/B switch.
If I may ask, what A/B box do you use?

Plustone

Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:37 am

IM4Tone wrote:If I may ask, what A/B box do you use?
You may ;) .

It's handmade by a bloke called Jeremy Charles. I contacted him on Ebay, as he was offering something similar. He made it to my specifications (not too difficult because, as I remember, I specified exactly where the signal input and outputs and the DC connection should be). It's a no-nonsense pedal that simply does what I want it to do. I found Jeremy very helpful.

My pedal is very similar to the one you can see if you click here.

IM4Tone

Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:15 pm

Thanks, Tony

heynathb

Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:29 pm

Just set up my A15h with a voodoo amps amp switcher, works spot on, no pops or hum, it's bigger than a normal ab pedal but is gonna allow me to switch to a different head as well as controlling the A15h, am really looking forward to my next gig! :D

• Information