Artisan 412B

HAND-CRAFTED TONE. Artisan Series Amplifiers.
KKND

Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:58 am

Guys, lets say that i have a special deal on the above mentioned speaker cabinet, do you suggest it, this is my scenario.

I have a Venue Stage 60, couple of months down the road, 6months or so i am planning to buy a head (Peavey 6505+ or maybe S1-100 or Marshall Slash) anything might come across, so do you think that this cabinet is a good cabinet for various rock/ thrash metal kinda tones and do you seggest it. i don't have the amp now but the cabinets is at a clearance price lets say, plus its cool to have a huge cabinet which says BLACKSTAR in my room.what say you guys.

Thanks in advance

lonewolfsx

Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:42 am

Well it has vintage-30's which are considered pretty standard for high-gain modern metal tones, so I think that'd be a great cab. If you can't get a good deal on it though, there are lots of cheaper cabs with the same speakers. Still, a handwired artisan cab would be pretty cool.

If you don't mind, why buy the Blackstar cab and buy the peavey/marshall head? Those are nice amps, but I was very impressed with the HT-100 head. Did you consider that and toss it out? Just wondering since you have the Stage-60, and I was weighing between lots of amps and the blackstar is probably the best I've heard. If it's a volume issue, you've probably heard this before but the difference between your 60w Venue and the 120w peavey is only going to be a tiny bit, like 3db. So it'd be a difference from like, 120db to 123db.

I'm only getting the 100w head because I can silent record it and I think it sounded pretty darn good even at low volumes and I already own a 4x12.

KKND

Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:06 am

You are absolutely right, The tones i am getting from my stage 60 are unbelievable and i play at home, actually strictly at home...the cab was at 70% of usual retail price but what am i gonna do with it..at least now :?: instead when i need to entertain relatives and friends and want to show off my sloppy playing i am getting an HT-5 combo Image
I think its one of those urges to acquire gear blindly without thinking twice, there fore i make sure i post in some forums or call a friend whose not into guitar/amps and take their opinions..usually that straightens my head out :p

Thanks man and BTW killer user name :twisted:

xCaptainx

Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:22 am

I use the Artisan cab for 2 death metal bands, it holds its own VERY well and sounds much better than any other oversized cab with v30's I've owned!

• Information