A15 better with V30 or GB?

HAND-CRAFTED TONE. Artisan Series Amplifiers.
joeobrien

Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:18 pm

Hi,

I recently bought an Artisan 15 and it has a Vintage 30 speaker. I didn't particularly think about it (or realise it) at the time but now a month or so later, I'm wondering about how the Greenback would sound. Seemingly the V30 is louder and maybe better for modern rock but the GB is better for classic rock which is more my thing anyway.

Anyone have an opinion as to which is best? Is there a big difference? I might have to go back to the dealer and change it... :oops:

Cheers!

The Wooj

Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:24 pm

joeobrien wrote:Hi,

I recently bought an Artisan 15 and it has a Vintage 30 speaker. I didn't particularly think about it (or realise it) at the time but now a month or so later, I'm wondering about how the Greenback would sound. Seemingly the V30 is louder and maybe better for modern rock but the GB is better for classic rock which is more my thing anyway.

Anyone have an opinion as to which is best? Is there a big difference? I might have to go back to the dealer and change it... :oops:

Cheers!
I just got my artisan 15 combo and it came with a greenback. Sounds good but a bit bassey. The one I tried in the shop had a vintage 30 in and I loved the mids and highs. I might have to consider a swap.

• Information